AI Tactical Decisions

So I was wondering, how adaptable are the AI managers when it comes to tactics?

I'm aware they have attributes named Adaptability and Tactical Knowledge, but when it comes specifically to reacting as a human manager would/does to the ME how do they behave?

To clarify, I do not mean when they go a goal down or are playing away from home etc. but rather if something is or isn't working. For example, the ME in 14.1.3 encouraged us human managers to push our defences up and close down more to cover for a few miscalculations in how it worked by default in the ME; it would seem that in 14.1.4 the opposite is true, human managers are generally dropping the defensive line and standing off more to account for the overly aggressive defending of the new ME. How does the AI respond to this? Not to the human making changes, but rather the ME. Does AI Guardiola notice that his high pressure, high defensive line isn't working as it should and adapt? Or does he plough on regardless because that's how he plays according to his attributes/personality/preferences.

To expand on this, and divert slightly, how loyal are they to their preferred mentalities and formation? On my save Biesla is the new Man City boss, he likes his 442 very much, to the point where City are actually a bit rubbish because they don't own the players to get the best out of a 442. He may well buy more suitable players in the future, though he hasn't yet, but in the mean time should he not build a tactic more appropriate to his team's qualities?

PSG seem obsessed with buying advanced wingers/inside forwards, then persist with a formation unsuitable for that position. They then proceed to sell these bench-warmers (due to being deemed surplus to requirements/poor performances through very little game time?) and buy very similar replacements. Is this perhaps an attempt to address a perceived tactical problem (lack of width) and progress towards incorporating the solution; choosing a tactic without the newly bought players as they aren't seen as good enough; or a misalignment of tactical preferences and player signing preferences?

Archived