Dave's FM13 Journeyman Save

Vipertitan

Yes i know not another one but this one i am going to stick with as i doubt i be buying the new football manager 2014 game.

Anyway I'm playing this save as part of my going to keep me entertained till i decided to buy the new football manager 2014, a know you will probably think oh no not another thread but i will be updating daily as got bit more time to myself so plenty of football manager time.

so i decided to set game up like this-

England- all playable

France- 2

Germany- 2

Holland-2

Italy-2

Scotland-3

Spain-2

Portugal-2

with the original database 13.3 patch, large player database to make game go bit faster.

Game set up

So i decided to start with my lowest Playable Local team Near to me Gateshead fc

History

thanks to Wikipedia

Early Clubs in Gateshead – 1889 to 1924 The first-ever recognised club was Gateshead NER FC, who were formed in 1889, playing in the Northern Football Alliance until 1903, however the earliest prominent club, Gateshead Town FC joined the Northern Football Alliance in 1905, they played their games at The Shuttles and Old Fold Park. The reputation of the club saw them join the North-East Counties League, turning professional and becoming a Limited Company in 1911. The club attracted large crowds at the time, including a reported attendance of 13,000. However, things started to backfire following a couple of seasons struggle, it was later decided that the club would not re-form after the end of the First World War. In 1919, a new club was reformed, originally known as Close Works, then eventually to be later renamed, Gateshead Town F.C.. Gateshead Town F.C. also played in the Northern Football Alliance League before folding in 1924.

South Shields FC

No club in Gateshead was the forerunner of Gateshead FC. Gateshead Football Club started as South Shields F.C. which was a formed in 1899 eight miles (14 km) from Gateshead in the town of South Shields by Jack Inskip. They played in the Northern Alliance then the North Eastern Leagues before joining the extended Football League Second Division in 1919–20. The mid-to-late 1920s saw South Shields struggling financially before in 1928 the club finished bottom and were relegated to the Third Division (North). After two unsuccessful seasons in the lower division, the struggling club took the step of not just leaving the Horseley Hill Ground but of moving the club to another town in search of more support. Newcastle upon Tyne, was mentioned as a possible destination, but Gateshead was eventually chosen, mainly due to the enthusiastic support of the Gateshead Council.

Gateshead AFC – Football League Years – 1930 to 1960

After a six-year absence, the town of Gateshead had a new representative football club. A new stadium was constructed at Redheugh Park in the West end of Gateshead and South Shields FC was relocated. In August 1930, Gateshead A.F.C. started a new era when 15,545 supporters watched Gateshead beat Doncaster Rovers 2–1. Gateshead missed out on promotion, finishing runners-up decided by goal average at a time when only one promotion place was available. They were runners up again in 1932 and in 1950, but they still stayed in the lower divisions until the regional divisions were replaced by the third and fourth divisions in 1958.

In the 1950s, Gateshead enjoyed some relatively successful FA Cup runs. The 1951/52 season saw Gateshead drawn at home to West Bromwich Albion in the fourth-round. The game venue was re-located to Newcastle United's St James' Park, where 39,287 fans witnessed West Bromwich Albion coming out on top, winning the match 2–0. One of Gateshead's greatest ever seasons occurred the following year in 1952/53, the club reached the quarter-finals, having already beaten Liverpool 1–0 at home in the third-round. 15,193 spectators attended the match in the foggy Redheugh Park). Gateshead beat both Hull City and Plymouth Argyle away from home to set up a 1952–53 FA Cup sixth-round tie against Bolton Wanderers. A sold out Redheugh Park saw 17,692 fans turn up as Gateshead changed their traditional plain white shirts to an unfamiliar black and white stripes. At 0–0 late on in the match, Bolton defender, Eric Bell, handled the ball inside of the penalty area (Bell later admitted the offence), but the referee waved play-on and Bolton quickly broke away and England international Nat Lofthouse headed the ball past Gateshead goal-keeper Bob Gray to give Bolton a winning 1–0 lead. During this time the club regularly included the brothers Tom and Jack Callender, who's combined appearances for Gateshead, established a record for the most by two brothers at a single club.[2] Jack Callender also set a personal record for the most Football League appearances for the club with a total of 470.[3]

Gateshead missed the chance to become a member of the new National Third Division, losing out by only one point. Gateshead were founder-members of the Fourth Division. The distance in travelling between the clubs of the new National Division proved difficult for many, but especially for one as far North as Gateshead. In the 1958/59 season, Gateshead finished in twentieth (20th) position at the end of the season, then the following season, the 1959/60 campaign, Gateshead finished the season even lower than the previous one, finishing in twenty-second (22nd) position. At that time, the bottom-four teams in the Fourth Division had to apply for re-election. Gateshead applied along with Southport, who applied for the third year running, and for the seventh time altogether. Oldham, who were also applying for the second year in a row, and Hartlepool, who were applying for the fourth time. The Football League failed to re-elect Gateshead.

Post Football League and liquidation – 1960 to 1973

With no National League System in place at the time, the club played in various regional leagues before becoming founder members of the Northern Premier League in 1968. The club played in the Northern Premier League for two seasons, 1968–1969 and 1969–1970 when they finished bottom of the division and were not re-elected. After a season replacing their reserves in the parochial Wearside League, the first team were accepted to play in the Midland League. At this point, the club was in severe financial difficulties and were eventually forced to leave Redheugh Park. They took up residence at the Gateshead Youth Stadium, however the new venue did not alleviate the financial problems. Gateshead AFC resigned from the Midland League and went into liquidation in August 1973.

Resurrection – 1977 to today

Four years after going into liquidation, Gateshead was reformed in 1977, this time as Gateshead F.C.. The club were immediately accepted into the Northern Premier League. By this time, their home ground, the Gateshead Youth Stadium, had been upgraded and renamed as Gateshead International Stadium with facilities good enough for a higher grade of football.

after six years of consolidation, Gateshead won promotion from the Northern Premier League to the Alliance Premier League in 1983, with a record tally of points and goals scored. With a relatively lucrative sponsorship, Gateshead spent several seasons in the Football Conference. However the sponsorship money dried up, and the club started to decline, spending the 2003–04 season in the Northern Premier League First Division. A 6th place finish was enough to gain promotion to the Premier Division due to the restructuring of the National League System.

A new board was appointed under the Chairmanship of Graham Wood, which saw Gateshead regain its momentum with the appointment of Ian Bogie as manager. On 3 May 2008, Gateshead beat Buxton 2–0 in the Northern Premier League Premier Division Play-Off Final and were therefore promoted to the recently formed Conference North.

Gateshead FC absorbed local club Low Fell Juniors to form Gateshead Juniors from the start of the 2008/09 season expanding the number of teams under the club banner.

Gateshead finished the 2008–09 season in the Conference North in second (2nd) place. They qualified for the play-offs along with Alfreton Town, A.F.C. Telford United and their semi-final opponents Southport. Gateshead beat Southport 2–1 on aggregate and won the Play-Off Final 1–0 against Telford, earning promotion back to the Conference Premier where they remain.

Gateshead announced on 13 October 2009 that they would be moving to a full-time employed playing squad for the beginning of the 2010–2011 season.

On 10 December 2012, manager Ian Bogie and assistant Terry Mitchell were relieved of their duties at the club. Reserve team manager Anth Smith named caretaker manager.[5] Three days later, Smith was named permament manager and given a contract until the end of the 2012–13 season.[6] On 18 August 2013, David Rush, Smith's assistant, was named as caretaker manager after his resignation, before former York City manager Gary Mills was appointed on 3 September 2013.

Stadium

Gateshead International Stadium is a multi-purpose, all-seater arena in Felling, Tyne and Wear, England. Originally known as the Gateshead Youth Stadium, the venue was built in 1955 at a cost of £30,000. It has since been extensively re-developed on three occasions. Its capacity of around 11,800[nb 1] is the greatest in the Metropolitan Borough of Gateshead, the third-largest in Tyne and Wear (behind only St James' Park and the Stadium of Light) and the sixth-largest in North East England.[4]

The main arena is principally used for athletics. The inaugural athletics competition at the redeveloped venue, the 1974 "Gateshead Games", was instigated by Brendan Foster, a Gateshead Council employee at that time. By breaking the world record in the mens 3,000 m, Foster brought international publicity to the new stadium and began a tradition of athletics competitions at the venue, which has since hosted the British Grand Prix (2003–10) and the European Team Championships in 1989 and 2000. The stadium was selected to host the latter event for a third time—the only venue to have done so—in 2013. Five world records have been set at the stadium, including two by pole vaulter Yelena Isinbayeva and a tied 100 metres record by Asafa Powell in 2006.

Although the venue primarily caters for athletics, it is currently home to teams in several sports. Gateshead football club have played their home games at the stadium since they reformed in 1974 though the club plans to vacate the site when their own purpose-built ground is built. Gateshead International Stadium was home to the Gateshead Thunder rugby league club during their spell in the Super League and the current version of the club play home games in the main arena, which is known as the Thunderdome when used by that team.[5] Gateshead Harriers Athletic Club, which includes Foster and Jonathan Edwards among its life members, are the oldest tenants, having used the site since 1956. The stadium has been used as a concert venue by numerous musical artists including Bon Jovi, Bryan Adams and Tina Turner.

url_zps5fccd878.jpeg

Manager history

A list of Gateshead FC managers from 1990 onwards.

Years Manager

1990–1993 Tony Lee

1993–1994 Tommy Cassidy

1994–1997 Colin Richardson

1997 Jim Platt

1997–1998 John Carroll

1998 Alan Shoulder, Gary Robson (co-caretakers)

1998–2001 Matt Pearson

2001–2002 Paul Proudlock

2002 Gary Gill

2002–2004 Derek Bell

2004 Alan Bell

2004–2005 Tom Wade

2005–2006 Colin Richardson

2006–2007 Tony Lee

2007–2012 Ian Bogie

2012–2013 Anth Smith

2013 David Rush (caretaker)

Honours

Gateshead (1) (1930–73):

Football League Third Division North

Runners-up 1931–32, 1949–50

FA Cup

Quarter Finalists 1952–53

Tyne Tees Wear Cup

Winners 1944–45

Durham Senior Professional Cup

Winners 1930–31, 1948–49, 1950–51, 1954–55, 1958–59

Northern Regional League

Champions 1963–64

Gateshead (2) (1977–present):

Conference North

Runners-up 2008–09

Play-off Winners 2008–09

Northern Premier League Premier Division

Champions 1982–83, 1985–86

Runners-up 1989–90

League Challenge Shield Winners 1985–86

League Challenge Cup Runners-up 1989–90, 2002–03

Play-off Winners 2007–08

Durham Challenge Cup

Winners 2010–11*

Runners-up 2007–08, 2011–12*

Rivalries

When Gateshead AFC were previously a Football League club, their main rivals used to be Hartlepool United, Darlington and Carlisle United.

Due to geographical isolation for the level of Non-League football clubs, Gateshead originally didn't have any strong local rivalries. However, a bitter local rivalry developed with Blyth Spartans at the beginning of the 1990s, when Gateshead and Blyth were in the Northern Premier League together. Other rivalries involving Bishop Auckland, Spennymoor and Whitby Town also existed in the late 1990s and early 2000s.

For the 2010/11 season, Gateshead's rivalry with Darlington began again, after Darlington were relegated from The Football League to the Conference Premier. However the demise of Darlington FC saw this come to an end.

Manager Profile

Manager Information being a Newcastle fan this was bit hard to deiced to be these, but thought it would be decent save.

Club Information looks like were on the up come on can i keep it going.

Facilities Look decent for this standard football.

Finances looks ok for now lets see what damage i can do.

Squad looks in decent shape lets see how they do.

key Players

Ben Clark Club Captain will be looking to him to motivate players when needed.

Jamie Chandler looks like he could be decent midfilder.

James Brown star forward looking to this guy for my goals.

Aim

My aims for season are do will in the League and cups and try get few decent players in with out damaging the clubs finances

• 2 weeks later...

Gateshead- Blue Square Bet Premiership - 2012/2013

So started off with Gateshead, seamed like good challenge to me to try and make them as big as both Newcastle and Sunderland, My first season did not go as of i planed.

League Table

League Positions Graph

We had an ok start thought we would of finished a lot higher than we did though.

FA Trophy - I had no interest in this competition and rotated the squad, which didn't go too well., we got beat off Mansfield Town 3-2

FA Cup - we did ok this year hope to do lot better next year.

Squad - we've few old Newcastle and Sunderland players in the team they looked in good shape too.

Transfers - a some what quite one this season not lot new faces.

Finances - I think i did ok not to destroy them first season like i normally do.

Key Player Profiles:

Mark Oxley - On loan from hull city was quality player.

Rui Marques_ - he was one my first buys of the season class player.

Vincent Péricard- probably our best player, bought in as cover looks like good back up.

James Brown- one my main forwards looked in good shape all season.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13   Blue Square Bet Premiership    19th        none

Next Season

Try and learn from my mistakes and try win the fa trophy cup.

Southport Blue Square Bet North - 2012/2013

So started off with Gateshead, seamed like good start but bad run of results and team not playing to my standard i started applying for jobs and then the board give me an ultimate, so i left and then applied for the new managers job at Southport, and i got the job starlight away.

League Table

League Positions Graph

We started off well and ended the season in an ok position just above relegation,

FA Trophy - I taken over when this competition had started so did not have any interest.

FA Cup - we did well to reach the first round proper.

Squad - we've got few decent players in hopefully i can bring some more in and keep these bunch too.

Transfers - a had never bought any players in as part from two or three who helped us late in the season.

Finances - I think that they are quite good for this standard of football.

Key Player Profiles:

Harry Campbell - First Choice keeper was brilliant.

Will Beesley - he was solid when i came in had no faults.

Djeny Bembo-Leta- probably our best player, he plays best upfront and was grate.

Fabio Zamblera- he was class had good partnership with Djeny Bembo-Leta.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13   Blue Square Bet Premiership    19th        none
2013/14   Blue Square Bet North           18th        none

Next Season

So bit more stability and more constant results and hopefully.

Archived