Convincing a player to play for a national team

Hi, i recently only started to manage national team and i have a question.

I'm managing well-known football giant that is Poland. I managed to finish 3rd in World Cup (big contribution from Lewandowski along with Blaszczykowski and Obraniak), and i managed to keep 4th place in FIFA rankings all year after this. And there's a player with Polish nationality called Paulo Dybala (Palermo). He's still young atm (21) and Argentinian. He rejects call ups all the time. I understand that he hopes to play for Argentina one day, and i understand why he didnt want to play for me earlier, as even i wouldnt agree if i was on his place.

But can i convince him somehow to play for Poland, or do i have to patiently wait for him to finally realise he will never play for Argentina (because he wont, he's not even playing for Palermo, and in my two previous long-term saves he never been capped for Argentina)

When I managed Denmark in FM12, I tried without any luck to bring Kenneth Zohore to play for Denmark (he had chosen to play for Cote d'Ivoire). I guess you'll need to wait until he's about 24/25 years. By then, he should realize he has no place in the argentinian team

Archived