[FM13] French Structure up to the CFA 2 + Academies

Hey guys!!

For this project, I've made the French Football system available until its 5th level, all playable, including the CFA and the CFA2.

In order to do this (the CFA is unplayable in the Vanilla version of the game), I had to build the structure from scratch, and made it similar to the current French league system, but with minor differences due to the editor capabilities. I didn't touch the teams in the CFA, only distributing into 4 even groups, so until that, they're the real life ones. For the CFA 2, I took the most reputed French teams in the Regional Divisions and promoted them, no idea if they play at that level in real life.

The system includes:

- Ligue 1: 20 team league, with 3 relegation posts. (Rules)

- Ligue 2: 20 team league, with 3 promotion and relegation posts.

- National: 20 team league, with 3 promotion and 4 relegations posts.

- CFA: 4 subdivisions (A-D) with 18 teams each, 4 promotion places (winner of each subdivision) and 12 relegation places (last 3 teams from each subdiv.)

- CFA 2: 6 subdivisions (A-F) with 20 teams each, 12 promotion places (top 2 from each subdiv) and 24 relegation places (last 4 teams from each subdiv.)

- Regional: Inactive league with 600+ teams to fuel the lower division.

- Coupe de France: 768-team, Standard knockout Cup, with 4 qualifying rounds (seeded by division reputation).

- French Champions Trophy: SuperCup, with the Coupe de France and Ligue 1 winners.

- Coupe de la Ligue: League Cup, with teams from the first 3 tiers.

- Coupe des Ligues Amateurs: League Cup, for teams who can't participate in the Coupe de la Ligue. CFA, CFA 2 and Regional division teams.

- U-23 is first Reserves and U-19 the second.

- Transfers rules are similar to the original French ones, only missing the 'Joker' transfer window, that can't be emulated in the editor (no way to limit transfers to only 1). 4 non-EU player limit in squad.

- Discipline rules are the same than the original French ones. 1 match ban per 3 yellow cards, 1 match for the first red card, 2 matches for all the next.

- Television and Relegation parachute money for the first 3 tiers. Prize money for league finish is for all divisions, emulating the German structure, yet, with smaller prizes.

- The rules (all except the prize money) are the same for every league. Except in the below 2 tiers, that have homegrown and U-23 squad rules, to promote the youth play.

Also, and as a bonus, I've inlcuded 5 football academies in France: Clairefontaine, Marseille, Dijon, Vichy and Talence, all made playable in the CFA (Group C), and rivals between them. They've got the same reputation (3500), money (€5,000,000) and facilities (20 for training and youth training, 18 for youth coaching and recruitment). They've got no players at all, so make sure to tick the 'Add Players to Playable Teams' button before starting.

I think that covers all. I've holidayed 5 seasons into the future and the Cups work perfectly and have had no issues at all. Please let me know how it works for you.

DOWNLOAD LINK

Great work!

There is also a french ligue update at fmeurope.net.

But i like the new Cups and the improved Reserve and Youth Structure in your database!

Unfortunately i found a big bug: If you try to change the squad in the Training tab you are redirected to the Squad Screen. So you can´t change anything for the Reserve or Youth teams in the training (Training Schedule, Individual Training, Coach Assignment).

I don´t think it´s supposed to be like this...

This happens only if you manage a french team.

I tried a new game with the vanilla datebase and the one from fmeurope.net - neither one had this problem.

It seems your db causes this problem - or is this a "feature"? ;-)

Well, i would love to start a game with Strasbourg - but this bug is a NO-GO!

Am i the only one with this problem?

Could you please try to fix this?

I think this has something to do with the new Reserve/Youth Teams you added - it´s like there is a link missing and the game jumps to an other screen...

• 4 months later...

Thanks, have been looking for this for ages.

One issue though, I have downloaded (on my Mac) and dropped into the appropriate Editor Data file. When I start the game I tick the appropriate box, select the file and get the following error message

"All teams in French CFA2 must be assigned to the parent division, or its child division, not both"

When I come to select leagues "France" is greyed out and cannot be selected

Any ideas?

Ok, got it to work, need to use the default database and not the recently updated one. However I cannot see RC Strasbourg in the CFA leagues and I know they are definitely are in that division season 12/13 (my wife is from Strasbourg).

Have they been omitted from this update?

Archived