V50's African and Caribbean Leagues

V50

The following FM2012 leagues all have awards, prize money, television money, moderately accurate dates, teams added where required, all national cups, and should give you happy, sustainable fun in the league you picked. All leagues will be compatable with updates as I have no intention of player updates/adding etc, just leagues, cups, teams (if needed) and awards - enough to make the leagues long-term playable.

Link

http://www.gamefront.com/files/22051432/V50+Pack.zip - all leagues in a zip

List of FM2012 leagues added so far

DRC's Linafoot

Egyptian Premier League

Ghanaian Premier League

Ivorian (Ivory Coast/Cote d'Ivoire) Premier League

Nigerian Premier League

Qatari Stars League

Saudi Arabian Pro League

Trinidad and Tobagoan league structure

Tunisian CLP-1 (Liege 1)

United Arab Emirates (UAE) Pro League

Some of these files build on the basics of other Authors;

http://sortitoutsi.net/forum/topic/55395-caribbean-leagues-cfu-club-championship/ (jbz) (important for Caribbean nations below)

http://sortitoutsi.net/forum/topic/55389-african-leagues/ (jbz)

(If these files lay inactive for 60 days they will go off gamefront, in which case send me a PM)

Working (tested 1 year/2 years in holiday mode)

Provisionally final (long-term financials confirmed stable)

DRC

Final (season-tested for 5 years)

Egypt -(based on jbz)

Ghana -

Ivory Coast - (based on jbz's, with prize money, awards, and more accurate fixture calendar)

Nigeria - (Major update with as many kits added as I could find and finances sustainable)

Qatar - (all 4 cups)

Saudi Arabia -(Based on my 2011 version, with 3 cups and fairly accurate entry criteria)

Trinidad and Tobago (***) - *(loosely based on jbz's) (12 leagues, 9 cups)

Tunisia - (liege 2 and 3 (Nord and Sud) have accurate teams now, but not activated)

UAE -(original, all 4 cups accounted for, but can't make the president's cup take the top 4 from the Federation cup (which is a cup for the lower leagues))

Solid (season-tested 20 years)

Other Files

DDT file loading 2/3 biggest teams in each Caribbean country - http://www.gamefront.com/files/21445928/CFUchampclubs.ddt

*** For a working CFU Championship, Jbz did an excellent CFU rebuild and the link is above. The Trinidad and Tobago file here works with their update, just replace the Trinidad and Tobage file with mine.

Nation Packs

Future plans (and rough order, depending on how quickly I lose the will to live/edit)

Puerto Rico?

Suriname?

Morocco?

Cameroon?

How you can help

Play/holiday through on any of the files, post in bold at the top of your post which league, and how long you tested it for, and any bugs/inaccuracies/spelling mistakes you found.

If you speak French/Arabic and can translate Football Association charters, you might be able to find out more accurate rules than I am currently using (e.g. substitution rules, foreign player regulations, television money, Disciplinary rules).

To test long-term financials you can holiday for 20 years and see if club worth experiences large changes (if so then tweaks would need to be made in television money, prize money, ticket prices, or attendances).

Any major transfer information or inappropriate teams.

To progress to Final/Solid, the league must be on full detail (Options -> Detail Level -> (nation) -> (highest league) -> "All") for the prescribed time.

Other Stuff

Feel completely free to rip this off and twist this into whichever form you wish, but I'd like my name in somewhere please :).

Enjoy!

*Update 16*

T&T complete league structure made, also made DRC league (just because). T&T works a treat and I strongly recommend you download other Caribbean leagues to enhance the experience.

*Update 15*

Trinidad and Tobego play-tested for 5 years, no clubs go bankrupt and the NACL is the huge financial boon you'd expect it to be (but on a smaller scale to its European counter-part). Reputation needs a tweak upwards to Jamaica's level though. More impressively American clubs scour all over Trinidad as they do in real life which is great. Increasing the reputation should also stop the minor problem of any club with a Brazillian coach snapping up half of Brazil (if Brazil's league is loaded)

*Update 14*

Play-testing revealed a lot of 14 year olds with full time contracts, due to me not setting youth contracts and that is now solved for all leagues. All leagues have sustainable finances (adding key players means they overspend in the first year sometimes) and I'm now season testing all concurrently. I've also added a reserve division to Qatar (despite not finding any evidence of its existence) as I think this'll hurt players more than the benefit of accuracy. African countries have youth contracts set low to 14 in order to emulate the football drain by European countries in their youths. Strongly recommend everyone upgrades if you own a previous version as it fixes a lot of issues.

*Update 13*

Second big undertaking in Ghana - now has working national league with boundaries and awards for all 6 regional divisions and 3 (team of the year, player of the year, young player of the year) that gives the best from all 6. Financially stable. Gamefront won't let me upload Ghana for some reason, but it's in the pack.

*Update 12*

Trinidad and Tobego now has confirmed financials and a lot more kits, cities, and stadiums added for a more complete experience.

*Update 11*

Nigeria finally finalised with working second level :) Youth coaching had to be lowered for the majority of clubs as the default setting of 8 caused youth costs to be equal to or higher than wage costs, leading to a lot of clubs going bankrupt. Ticket prices were also set higher to £4, £3, £2, and £1, although two clubs seem to ignore this (36 Lions and another club). Some clubs spend 100k at the end of the season in ground maintenance due to the low quality of stadiums in Nigeria but that seems a reasonable thing for clubs to do given the game. Enjoy!

*Update 10*

DDT File released, although a lot of the teams don't have players. If someone were to flesh out the squads in Caribbean teams it would help at least.

*Update 9*

Ghana is finished.

*Update 8*

Jamaica appears to have already been done excellently here; http://www.thedugout.net/community/showthread.php?t=79508 so will not be attempting it.

*Update 7*

Nigeria took much longer than expected due to strange season dates, non-working awards, and a large number of missing teams. On the plus side, the National League is set up with everything other than prize money and the boundaries for each league (which I will come back to), but I would recommend not running them as they're untested. Also, added some lines in order to make this post more findable on gooogle.

*Update 6*

UAE now available

*Update 5*

Qatar added from scratch, Cups required some custom formatting and still only mimics real life.

*Update 4*

Tunisia added, an unreleased 2011 version was the basis (fortunately fm2012 has mokenine unlike 2011 so deleted my additions)

*Update 3*

Saudi Arabia updated (needed to check clashes)

*Update 2*

Saudi Arabia added; conversion from my 2011 version so hopefully won't be too many troubles.

*Update 1*

Egypt added, although I suspect the Finances might be a problem in this league.

General FAQ

Why does (insert hot country here) play so late in the evening?

Some countries near the equator play games in the evening to avoid the heat, hence the Qatar World Cup furore.

Why does (insert predominantly Islamic country) play on Fridays?

Some Islamic countries play on Fridays, fulfilling a roughly analogous function to Christian Sundays (namely a day of worship that thus affords an opportunity for leisure activities).

Why does (country) not have 1st to 3rd rankings on (award)?

Because from what I can gather that FA/award only awards one prize; you can easily modify that yourself though.

All I get is lines of codes?

Apologies - your web browser is opening the file rather than downloading. Click "Save page as" and save as an xml file to get the league.

Editing information discovered

The determinants of Youth Setup are Youth Coaching, and will cost somewhere around 10k per year for each number in my experience

e.g. youth costs for youth coaching 8 in my custom Nigerian game were 85k a year, after lowering them all to 1 the costs fell to 12k.

Since the editor defaults to 8 as youth coaching for newly created clubs and other clubs with little information in the database, a lot of nations/leagues will be unsustainable when activated

Installation Instructions

Copy all files to your "editor data" folder in your Football manager 2012 folder in your documents;

Windows 7;

Start button -> Click "Documents" in the top right -> Double click on "Sports interactive" -> Double Click "Football Manager 2012" -> Double Click "Editor Data" -> copy your xml files to this location.

In order for these files to work you need to start a new game and check the "Change" box that appears when selecting the database. Then make sure the xml files are checked and then do the normal steps of setting up your game.

Archived