Getting Revenge

I want to know if it is possible to get revenge on a team/player for a series of dirty plays.

In my last league match I was ranked #1 going into an away game at MK Dons who are currently ranked #2 and 2 points behind me. At about the 10 min mark my best striker gets a pass and blows by the defense and the last defender does a hard tackle just outside of the box earning a yellow card and giving my best striker a red injury. I had no real good alternative so I brought on my 18 year old striker project who so far had played well in limited action. No more then 5 min later same situation with the same defender hard tackling my 18 year old and getting him a green injury, although he earned his second yellow and was gone, I really want revenge.

Is it possible to get revenge on him or the team say in our rematch which will happen later in the year at my house?

And if there is such a thing as a dirty team, MK Dons are as dirty as they come. They received 3 more yellow cards in the game. 2 for hard tackles and 1 for time wasting (which I've never seen before).

The best revenge is to win the game :)

But if you want to play dirty - hard tackling, hassle opponents, get stuck in, mark tightly.

I want to tell my players to kick that guy in his gonads the next time out. If he gets a red card for it he will get a bonus from my pay check and for however many games he is suspended he will get double salary for doing it. Thats how much this ticked me off. My star striker out 3 - 4 months with a broken leg.

Yeah, what Swarfega said really.

Yes I understand winning the game, but after my second striker was injured and their guy received his red card, my attacker were all scared to go near the box or thats how it seemed to me. I average like 14 shots a game with 60% or so possession. This game I had 64% possession and only 6 shots 4 of which were long. And I stress no long shots, I hate I hate I hate the long shots because they never go in for me.

It seems to me this team came out with one play, sacrifice one defender for two of their attackers and it worked. BTW the manager of MK in my save now is Paul Ince. IRL is he a dirty manager?

OMG YES! That's his game plan to a TEE! I'm a Gillingham fan, and watch them regularly. Last season, in one match, I think it was against Leeds, MK Dons had 3 players sent off iirc. And against us, they were alway hacking us down, and Paul Ince got sent to the stand, which was hilarity at it's finest.

If you can, punch him in the face for me ;D

Ok now I just think over-reacting massively.

Your players got injured - deal with it!

Why is it over reacting? And massively to boot? I was asking if it is possible for me to get revenge on a team I felt came out and played in a way to get my players injured on purpose so they could win. If you are ok with dirty tactics (much like Ghana used in the WC) than thats cool by me. But from what I know in FM I can't do anything to retaliate other than tell the media I hate the coach. If you know another way, thats what I was asking for.

OMG YES! That's his game plan to a TEE! I'm a Gillingham fan, and watch them regularly. Last season, in one match, I think it was against Leeds, MK Dons had 3 players sent off iirc. And against us, they were alway hacking us down, and Paul Ince got sent to the stand, which was hilarity at it's finest.

If you can, punch him in the face for me ;D

Thank you! Now I know how to play against his team next time. If possible Im going to send my players out to hard tackle, hassle opponents, get stuck in, and mark tightly. And hopefully I injury one of their star players in return.

If you are getting as much possession and shots as you say, a nice 6-0 thumping would be more than enough vengence for me. I have had 3 or 4 players injured in a match in the past, including both my strikers, but i just got on with it, and made sure i battered them when we met next time.

Why is it over reacting? And massively to boot? I was asking if it is possible for me to get revenge on a team I felt came out and played in a way to get my players injured on purpose so they could win. If you are ok with dirty tactics (much like Ghana used in the WC) than thats cool by me. But from what I know in FM I can't do anything to retaliate other than tell the media I hate the coach. If you know another way, thats what I was asking for.

I told you to get revenge by winning.

"If you are ok with dirty tactics (much like Ghana used in the WC) than thats cool by me" you claim. Now you are attempting to win by dirty tactics AND injure people purposely. So I don't really understand :/

I told you to get revenge by winning.

"If you are ok with dirty tactics (much like Ghana used in the WC) than thats cool by me" you claim. Now you are attempting to win by dirty tactics AND injure people purposely. So I don't really understand :/

Im just saying if the AI team can use those tactics on me and get by unpunished (shouldn't there be an FA investigation to the player committing those two yellow card fouls/injuries?) then its ok for me to play by the same rules. Im sure it wont work since Ive never once tried to play that way. But we will see what happens when we meet again.

If you are getting as much possession and shots as you say, a nice 6-0 thumping would be more than enough vengence for me. I have had 3 or 4 players injured in a match in the past, including both my strikers, but i just got on with it, and made sure i battered them when we met next time.

I was #1 in the league up till that game, now Im in 3rd place. The top 3 teams are all just about even so playing at their house, I knew it would be a tough game. I just didn't account for dirty tactics being used. If were are talking about American football than I know which teams are dirty and which ones are clean. But especially in CCL1 in 2013 I've no idea what coachs play dirty. But someone above mentioned that Paul Ince is a dirty coach so I can believe it from the game.

Fair enough. But at the end of the day, it was just a couple of tackles and a couple of injuries. No need for the FBI investigation or whatever. It was not the first time, and will not be the last.

Since Im not from the UK or even Europe, could you tell me if such a series of plays happened where one guy injured two players and received two yellows, would he be questioned by the FA? I really liked the movie "The Damned United" about Brian Clough (I know it was all accurate) and how he complained of the dirty tactics employed by Leeds.

As a Leeds supporter, i enjoyed the film "The Damned United" for what it was, a tale of fiction sprinkled with a very few truths. I refer you to this website page about the film http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1226271/goofs

AS for a player injuring other players on purpose, i can't think of any off hand but it does not mean it hasn't happend, and i am sure his club would dissapline the player in question as well as the FA look in to the incidents, and hand out and punishment they saw fit.

I've done it once or twice. One of my star players got injured from a late tackle forcing him to miss the Champions League Final, so the next match I saw him I hard-tackled him - not sure if it made much of a difference though, as he wasn't actually that good anyway.

The other time was when I played against Bolton in the Champions League in an absolutely filthy match where they had 33 fouls and loads of yellow cards (no red cards though), injuring one or two players. I was ruthless in the return home leg in exchange. I was vastly better than Bolton so my team raced to a 3-0 league where I proceeded to exploit pretty much every single weakness I saw despite being miles ahead on aggregate. Got a couple of my own players suspended for the next leg but it was worth it. Won 6-0 in the end (should have been more), and Bolton haven't been in the Champions League since then.

Archived