Mad Download

Has anyone else purchased the Mac Digital Download from eSellerate?

I downloaded it and when I launch it on my Mac, I get a message at the Main start up that I need to insert the disk.

Now I know for the box version you need to have the DVD/CD in to start the game. But I have the download version and no disk.

Anyone else come across this?

Mine was working great. I downloaded the 9.2 patch, and now mine is saying the same thing. I will keep looking around the forums to see if there are other threads on it. Will let you know if I see something.

The eSellerate version was based on the 9.2 patch, so applying the patch will no doubt break it, when there is a patch there is usually a digital download (eSellerate) version of it. The patch pretty much replaces the application file, in this case it replaced your eSellerate version which is online activated, with the regular CD version.

If you didn't apply the patch and are still having issues, I don't know what to say, I downloaded the FM2009 version (not WWSM2009) and when I launched it I filled in a credit card payment screen for eSellerate, once confirmed I got into the game, no issues since.

Thanks a ton SJEarthquake.

My game now finally works.

Okay, problem solved. The problem was that I downloaded patch 2.0 for the Mac, not knowing that in the eSellerate download the 2.0 patch was already included. So when I launched the downloaded 2.0 patch was in place instead of the eSellerate download.

So here is what I did in case someone else makes the same mistake:

1. Uninstalled WSM 2009

2. Did a clean uninstall of all SI Folders

3. Emptied trash on my Mac.

4. Restarted my Mac

5. Re-installed WSM 2009

The eSellerate version was based on the 9.2 patch, so applying the patch will no doubt break it, when there is a patch there is usually a digital download (eSellerate) version of it. The patch pretty much replaces the application file, in this case it replaced your eSellerate version which is online activated, with the regular CD version.

If you didn't apply the patch and are still having issues, I don't know what to say, I downloaded the FM2009 version (not WWSM2009) and when I launched it I filled in a credit card payment screen for eSellerate, once confirmed I got into the game, no issues since.

Archived