winning and losing streaks

i have become addicted to a lower league manager game with farsley celtic. i have done quite well so far, finishing 14th in my first season in the BSN and then winning the BSN by 18 points in my 2nd season. in the second season i managed to reach the 3rd round of the FA cup which did wonders for my bank balance.

i am currently 2nd in the BSP and only 5 points off top with a game in hand, even though my media prediction is 21st. but there is still one thing that is making this game so annoying to me.

winning and losing streaks seem to last too long!!! at the start of the season, i won 11 of my first 12 games and conceded just 4 goals. then, i lost my next three home games to bottom 6 teams, 1-3, 1-2, 0,2. i continued this bad run by losing 3 of my next 5 games with the other two being draws.

this left me with 35 pts in 20 games and 6th place. i turned this around by beating top of the league york city 5-1 at home. i won my next 6 games before being beat 1-3 at home to stafford rangers who are bottom of the BSN with no wins in 10. i then fail to win any of my next 5 games. (2 draws, 3 losses). after that i have won my last 4 games.

this leaves me with 67 pts from 33 games and 2nd in the league. i have also been knocked out of every cup in the first round i enter.

i am just dreading the next time i lose because i know that it will end in another downward spiral. it is making the game less fun because going into a match that you already know is just another loss in a bad streak is frustrating.

losing a game after a winning streak just before a few crucial games is so horrible because i know what the next games will end in.

Im managing St Albans in BSS and im currently on a 25 match unbeaten run so hopefully I dont come crashing down to earth, im leading the league by 7 points and I cant afford to have a bad losing streak now, I WANT PROMOTION!!!!! :)

Archived