(off topic)Kaka-man city

what everyone's saying on this you could add to on.(i would got the other board,but this has better and more people)

Kaka's terms:Brazilian star Kaka will sign for Manchester City only when he is provided a number of get-out clauses at the club.

The Sun reported on Thursday that the AC Milan playmaker will agree to a transfer to Eastlands - with the Italians reportedly keen on £175million on the table.

His father and agent, Bosco, has flown in from Brazil to Italy to open talks with Milan and City representatives. And Kaka could still make the move to City, despite the Brazil international insisting he "wants to grow old at AC Milan".

Kaka and his representatives have given City officials a series of wants during his time at the club:

* Sheikh Mansour remains the owner of the club and continues his substantial investment.

* City qualify for the Champions League within two years.

* Robinho is not sold.

* His representatives remain in sole ownership of his image rights.

Should any of these terms are not fulfilled or broken during Kaka's time as a City player, then he is entitled to trigger a clause, which paves the way for his to switch clubs for a predetermined transfer fee, reducing every season.

According to one of Kaka's personal assistants, Diogo Kotscho, the player himself is keen to test his abilities in the Premier League. But he wants to play for a club competing in the Champions League and not battling relegation every season.

If City cannot qualify for Europe's premier competition, Kaka will leave for greener pastures. He also wants guarantees that a world-class team is built around him, and his Brazil team-mate Robinho is not sold.

Kotscho has provided the clearest indication that a move could still be in the works if City agree to Kaka's demands. He also added that Kaka is not interested in the pay package at all, with a reported £75m on offer in wages over five years.

He said: "If Manchester City come to an agreement with Milan we will talk to them - but it is not just about money.

"They have to show us that this is a project that we will be interested in.

Fernando torres :Liverpool striker Fernando Torres believes it would be a mistake for Kaka to join Premier League big spenders Manchester City.

City's billionaire owners have apparently tabled an audacious bid of £108million for the AC Milan midfielder, who is set to receive a reported weekly wage of £500,000 should a deal be reached.

But 24-year-old Torres believes City's lack of silverware in recent years should serve as a warning to Kaka that success will not necessarily follow on the heels of a record-breaking move to Eastlands.

"Manchester City is not the right team for Kaka," Torres told the Daily Mail. "Seriously, how can they pay £100million for Kaka?

"Big players want to win trophies and Manchester City is not even in the race for trophies in England. They are fighting to stay in the Premier League, or to get to the middle of the table.

"They have to build from there and then go against the biggest clubs and after that, maybe, a top player will join them.

"Chelsea were high in the league before they started to sign really big stars. Now everyone wants to play for Chelsea, but they did not when (owner) Roman Abramovich first arrived. They built a strong club and then it happened."

The Spaniard added that the staggering sums of money on offer to Kaka should not be the primary motivation for leaving the San Siro.

"For now, I cannot imagine Kaka playing for Manchester City," he continued.

"It would be a fantastic contract, yes, but there are other things more important than money. A player wants to be remembered for what he has won.

"Imagine 10 years after you stop playing, you go back, you look around, you are not in any picture, you have no medals, no trophies; it is like you played for nothing.

"You may have a fantastic car, a fantastic home, but what does it matter?

"You can have a contract that is better than your friends, but no player looks back and says: 'I won more money'."

Pato:Brazil striker Pato is hoping that national and club team-mate Kaka does not leave AC Milan for cash-rich Manchester City.

Man City have reportedly made a £108million offer to sign the 26-year-old playmaker which Milan are currently believed to be considering.

"If I was him (Kaka) I wouldn't have any doubts. I would remain at AC Milan," said Pato to Gazzetta dello Sport.

He added: "He will have to decide with his head and with his heart, think a lot about it and reason.

"I hope that he will continue to play with me."

Kaka, who is under contract with the Rossoneri until June 2013, firmly declared this week his hope to remain at AC Milan for many years.

Remarks made by AC Milan TV channel director Mario Suma that the Rossoneri was reportedly pondering the Manchester City offer have left Rossoneri supporters anxious, especially with the club having yet to comment on Kaka's future.

"Hands off Kaka," read a message that had been scribbled on the pavement just outside the club's offices in Via Turati, Milan.

fergie:Sir Alex Ferguson admits he is "shocked and surprised" by Manchester City's stunning £108million bid for Kaka.

Ferguson has never been afraid to spend big money on key players.

The arrivals of Juan Sebastian Veron and Rio Ferdinand to Old Trafford broke previous British transfer records and only this summer he splashed out £30.75million on Dimitar Berbatov.

But even the Manchester United boss has been taken aback by City's offer.

It is not the team doing the buying that has caught him off guard, or even the fact AC Milan appear willing to sell.

For Ferguson, it is the sheer enormity of the sum, well over double the most any club has paid for a player in the history of the game - Zinedine Zidane's move from Juventus to Real Madrid for £46million in 2001 - that has left him gob-smacked.

"I find it hard to get my head round to be honest," he said. "It is amazing.

"Football is football. From time to time you get shocks and surprises. This is surprising everyone."

Ferguson is not convinced the staggering deal would have a knock-on effect throughout the game if it goes through.

United midfielder Michael Carrick, who left Tottenham for a not inconsiderable £18.6million in 2006, has no view on whether lavishing such sums are morally right or wrong.

However, it is clearly a move that has got the United dressing room buzzing, with the England midfielder left as stunned as his manager.

"That amount of money being bandied about is a bit of a shock really," he conceded.

"When Manchester City were taken over we were told they had a lot of money to spend and big names were being talked about.

"But for it to be so much over the top is pretty mad really."

While AC Milan seem happy to do business, City owner Sheikh Mansour knows there is a lot of negotiating to do with Kaka and his advisers before the Brazilian commits his future to Eastlands.

A key meeting between the Blues and Kaka's father has been pencilled in for next week, after which the picture will become clearer.

Carrick is not certain Kaka will eventually sign. But the former West Ham star would be delighted to see the former world footballer of the year in the Premier League, even if it was in the shirt of United's local rivals.

"We want the best players in this league and he is definitely one of them," said Carrick.

"It will be interesting to see what happens."

Wigan manager Steve Bruce has pointed to the City offer for Kaka as another warning that football is in danger of losing touch with the man in the street.

With City said to be prepared to offer AC Milan striker Kaka £500,000 a week and ticket prices continuing to rise while the economy heads in the other direction, Bruce fears for the future of the national game.

Bruce, who takes his side to Eastlands on Saturday, is also worried the move could drive up player costs to unsustainable levels.

He said: "The beauty of our game is that it means more to the average man in the street than anybody. I know the average man in the street now finds it very difficult to find £40-45 to go and watch a game.

"When a big player is out there it does inflate your prices. You do worry about it and wonder if things could go belly up."

Bruce added: "We are all staggered by the news. It is quite unbelievable when you are talking about a credit crunch throughout the world. But it just shows you what this Premier League is all about.

"I think this year people thought the situation with finances would be a little bit more sensible.

"But then along come the owners of Manchester City who want to have the best players in world at their club."

However, Blackburn manager Sam Allardyce, who last week rejected a £16million bid from City for striker Roque Santa Cruz, believes the massive investment City are prepared to make could pay off if they break into the Premier League's top four.

"There is only Manchester City that can spend it (£100million on one player)," he said.

"Manchester United can't, Liverpool can't, Chelsea can't now by the looks of it.

"The last few years it was (Chelsea's billionaire owner) Roman Abramovich and now we have got another one.

"If there is going to be more to follow then only time will tell if spending that sort of money is the right thing to do.

"If Manchester City end up challenging the big four then from their point of view it will be."

Fabregas:The Arsenal midfielder has been stunned by revelations that City are poised to sign the AC Milan playmaker no matter what the cost it.

Fabregas said: "A team is not built by the cheque-book alone. Money is not the most important thing in football.

"I think the important thing is not to rush into signing a new player just because money is available.

"A good team will develop naturally and trying to speed up this process with lots of money can be dangerous.

"If the club is well run, and the money they now have is well spent on building a good team, Manchester City will be dangerous. But money cannot work a miracle overnight.

"For example, Manchester United have an expensive team. Yet they won the title because they were a strong group of players, who played good football and had the belief.

"Their philosophy of attacking football was clear and they were rewarded for that."

Fabregas went on to take a jibe at other English clubs when he added: "At Arsenal we prefer to develop young players and give them their chance, as I was given my chance when I was a teenager.

"Other clubs can spend what they like but we are happy with the way we do things here. I have to say I feel lucky to be at Arsenal and part of the club's philosophy.

"I am sure City will now have bigger ambitions. But only time will tell how successful City become. At Arsenal, we do not have the right to qualify for the Champions League every season. And City do not have that right either just because they are now very rich.

"In the future, City can perhaps be a top four team. With the foundations they have and what may happen in the future, anything is possible."

The Kaka saga has caught the attention of everyone involved in football with many players and backroom staff coming out publicly to question if this big money way of buying success would ruin football as a whole.

KAKA:Manchester City target, Kaka, has revealed he is more inclined to joining Manchester United or Arsenal than City.

The Sun reported that Kaka described the two giants as the most "agile" in England while going on to explain his thoughts.

He said: "Arsenal and Manchester United are different from the other English teams. They play a bit more and are more open.

"They are different from the typical English teams who have a tall striker and hold on to the ball.

"That's more typical of Liverpool and Chelsea, who are very tactical sides - more English.

"Man United and Arsenal are more agile. They let other teams play and they play, too."

The Brazilian maestro went on to talk about his influences in life with his father, Bosco Leite the key man who decides most of his career moves.

"He has helped me with all my professional decisions and has always given me good advice.

"Obviously, my wife and my mum are always at my side, and there are friends, players and coaches.

"I listen to them all. If the advice is good, I take it on board. If it's not, I put it to the side."

Ancelloti:AC Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti has admitted for the first time Kaka may not remain at the club and could move to Manchester City.

The Milan hierarchy have not made an official declaration on Kaka's status with the Rossoneri but Ancelotti said this afternoon at the club's press conference ahead of Saturday's game against Fiorentina: "I believe there is a negotiation ongoing and hence, it's something the club will have to evaluate with the player.

"My hope is that I can coach Kaka for many more years but we have to look at what the club evaluates regarding an offer that has been presented.

"It's normal that regarding the player there is a lot of importance placed for his role that he has at Milan.

"The stories change, you cannot think of the football of 20 years ago, in football great investors are entering and it's normal and right to evaluate it in this way.

"The aims remain the same for the team, with or without Kaka."

City have reportedly made a £108million (120million euros) offer for Kaka.

The 26-year-old midfielder is under contract until the end of the 2012-13 campaign, and said this week he wanted to remain with Milan for a very long time.

Real Madrid and Chelsea previously failed with bids to prise the Brazil international from the Rossoneri.

But Milan appear to be weighing up an offer that could be too good to turn down.

Yesterday, the director of AC Milan's television channel, Mario Suma, claimed the club were pondering an offer for the Brazilian from Ma

Wenger:Manchester City's £100million move for AC Milan's Brazilian star Kaka would upset the transfer market.

With the Manchester club bankrolled by the vast funds of owner Sheikh Mansour of the Abu Dhabi United Group, who took over in the summer, Wenger accepts that they, just like Chelsea in the past, operate outside the normal parameters.

"It does not look real to me at all. It is like an abstraction," said Wenger, who continues to pursue Russian playmaker Andrei Arshavin, but not at an inflated fee.

"It does not look in connection with today's world because on one side we have the economic situation which is quite worrying and for me this is abstraction.

"We live in a football club who lives in the real world. That means we spend the money we make from our income.

"The implications would be disturbance on the market, an inflationary trend in a deflationary world."

Wenger maintains the traditionally-prudent Gunners will not break the bank to aim to compete with the spending power of City.

"It leaves Arsenal where we are. That means we spend the money we produce and we make," he said. "We are in a world where we live from three kinds of income - gate receipts, the sponsors and the television money. That is the real world of football.

"The rest is exceptional and is not the rule of our world. It is a special income with unlimited resources, but it is not the real world.

"Whether it is us, Sunderland or Coventry we live with the same rules. Manchester City are in a different world because they do not live with their income."

ME:the amount of money is huge,Milan should accept but Kaka should not,quoting torres 'I won more money'."

why didn,t you just post in the off topic thread?

i think it would be great for english football fans if kaka went to man city, i would love to watch him every week, hope they sign messi soon as well i like watching him play in la liga.

man citys money will probably be there downfall but i dont care as long as i get to watch kaka and messi evey week!

Archived