My first problem with FM - light and sound problems?

I've been playing the game for months and it's been brilliant but I was just in the middle of a 4-0 drubbing at Droylsden and all of a sudden an error message came up saying something about light and sound problems and proceeded to exit the game. I've tried going back on and it tells me that FM is still running, even though it clearly isn't.

Help?

First of all, open task manager by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc. Click on the 'Processes' tab, and find 'fm.exe'. Select it and click 'End Progress'.

Next, patch to 9.2.0 if you haven't already done so. Patch links are at the top of this page. Attempt to run the game and if it fixes it, hooray. If it doesn't, and you get the same error, close the process in task manager again and update the drivers for your sound card; details here. Then re-attempt to run the game.

Good luck.

I didn't know you were on Steam, in which case it should patch itself. An easy way to check is to look at the Game Status screen on any of your saves and it will say 'Version 9.2.0 30301'. It's very likely that you are sorted for the patch, though.

In that case, go straight to the Sound Driver steps.

Archived