The Database is good

After a long layoff for what I consider unfair "criticism" I am now able to come back onto the forums and would just like to say, well done SI on correcting issues with patch 9.2.0. Whatever was bugging my game in 9.1.0 and 9.0.0 has now been fixed. However I would like to add two things, one is that the game is still slow, slower than 08 and 07, which I had no problems with. How this is possible on a Quad Core is unknown since it seems impossible. Secondly, the authentication matter is a shambles. Steam is not a solution to the problem, since having to install Steam means you no longer have control of the game, you are subjected to Steam rules and it takes away you consumer rights. Many will complain but many also defended the indefensible throughout history. To have to wait 30 mins to activate the game is a joke. Why on earth did SI decide to use this policy when it is clear that piracy is still ongoing and in fact with many people has been worse. Sold copies of game but without a license is a joke, however this did happen, many ppl posted about it. I am not into another ban, it's silly to have given me one in the first place. All I do is give an opinion, it's called my "democratic" right but sadly with many this will be seen as a rant or as a negative thread. Be it what you may, if this process keeps being repeated then the deathknell will be spent. Merry Xmas!

You have nothing but supposition to support your theories about piracy.

You don't know the objectives for the inclusion of the auth system so you're not really in a position to determine whether it's been valuable or not.

What is clear is that it created serious difficulties for our customers which we've worked as hard as possible to rectify and will continue to do.

What has not been determined yet is how we proceed with the next version given the difficulties we've had this year. We've taken all feedback on board and we'll evaluate and share the plan when it's formulated...

Other than that - I don't think there's much else to say on the topic that hasn't been said - and as you've recently returned to us, I'd stick to constructive criticism or your return may be short...:)

Archived