It's your tactics

Have read many a time in the past the comment 'It's your tactics', which has often led to pretty hefty arguments. Now, I have always been someone who used SI's standard tactics, didn't mess around with them too much and had reasonable success, without being brilliant.

So, the introduction of assistant manager advice on tactics has been quite simply a brilliant move and I now find myself not only having to deal with tactics more, but also having much more success.

I have to admit that to get into it I recently spent a few hours reading through the excellent threads in the tactics forums, as I couldn't work out how to close "the massive gaps being exploited between defence and midfield", but with the help of those threads I was able to do that, so that my assistant for now has no comment to make on my tactics.

This has also made me realise that although tactics can sometimes seem confusing, they are not as difficult as they seem and when correctly understood are very true to real life .

So, next time there is a problem and someone says "it's your tactics" this might just be true and go and take a read of the tactics forums, some of those guys really know what they are talking about.

On the whole, I haven't had much time to play the game since it's release [due to work], I've now got a two-week work-free break, so I've already started taking a closer look at the game and quite simply I'm very impressed. The 3D engine is for me superb, the difficulty level is just about right [playing non-league with Harrogate], the new additions really add to the feeling of the game and after my personal disappointment with FM 2008, this version has reignited the spark which had always made FM a good way for me to relax and switch off from my at times very stressing working week.

I must say that I generaly agree with you.

I am a newbie into the series as of 09 with only a small amount of experience playing football manager games over the last 15 years or so of gaming.

I decided to start with Bournemouth and having just finished my second season I must say I am impressed.

At first the tactics seemed a bit daunting but the assistant advice as well as analysing the 3D matches and reading the forums I have seen improvements in my team and I feel that the difficulty level feels about right.

Well done SI. Great game.

Archived