transfer bug - please read SI

this is a common fault i seem to have found. for eg. when in the summer i want to sign a player but dont have room in my squad or maybe not enough current funds, i select transfer date to 'end of season'. it gets confirmed as that. then come the january transfer window i get a message saying transfer cancelled due to lack of space. every time i set to end of season, the player comes in january.

has anybody else experienced this? or do Si know of the problem?

this is a common fault i seem to have found. for eg. when in the summer i want to sign a player but dont have room in my squad or maybe not enough current funds, i select transfer date to 'end of season'. it gets confirmed as that. then come the january transfer window i get a message saying transfer cancelled due to lack of space. every time i set to end of season, the player comes in january.

has anybody else experienced this? or do Si know of the problem?

I thoguth I had thgis problem too but I just realised what I had been doing. Often your first offer for a player gets refused and I was setting the initial bid to end of season but when re-negotiating the offewr you have to set it to end of season again as it automatically sets back to the default next available date or whatever.

I keep forgetting this and have missed out on a few players because of it.

i got another bug thats even more frustrating.

lets say u bid for a player outside the transfer window, and when the fee is accepted (and contract too) the transfer is due to go through at the start of the next window.

However, if u cancel the deal after it is confirmed and before the transfer window opens, the player is stuck forever on a free transfer and no club can buy him. Plus his status is forever set to "Looking forward to join xxxx(your team)"

• SI Staff

Kaufebeen - thanks for the extra information, I've been trying to recreate this and (hopefully) what you've posted will help a lot with this .... after which obviously I'll be able to look into rectifying it for future versions ...

Sorry for any inconvenience,

Marc

• 1 month later...

Marc, I just got the same error as Kaufebeen. I made a bid for Joe Cole outside the transfer window, and then withdrew the offer. Now he is permanently stuck on "Looking forward to joining Man City". I've got a savegame from before I withdrew the bid, and a game from after. Do you want me to email these to you?

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by technophreak:

Marc, I just got the same error as Kaufebeen. I made a bid for Joe Cole outside the transfer window, and then withdrew the offer. Now he is permanently stuck on "Looking forward to joining Man City". I've got a savegame from before I withdrew the bid, and a game from after. Do you want me to email these to you? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes please - I think I've 'got' it now, but having another file to test with wouldn't hurt in the slightest thanks icon_biggrin.gif

Archived