A-league after a few seasons (FM08)

I have a few questions connected with A-league (in Football Manager 2008 – not 2009)

I know that A-league in FM08 is full of bugs, but in spite of this I consider to start a multi-seasons game as an A-league manager. So below there is the list of my questions:

1. There are 23-players limit (this number includes 3 goalkeepers). And for each match I have to designate 11 players + 4 reserves (include 1 goalkeeper). What will happen if before the match for example 2 of my goalkeepers are injured (or all 3 goalkeepers). Will they be replaced by “gray” players, as in other leagues?

2. In FM08 there are no reserve and youth teams for A-league clubs. After the first season there are created a few young players. And because there are no reserve-young teams, they are automatically transferred to affiliated clubs. So my questions are:

2.1. Is there the connection between my club’s “youth facilities” status and CA of these players, and could I “shape” their development when they are formally members of my affiliated clubs?

2.2. Is possible a threat if after a while (for example a year), they will not want to sign professional contract with my club (as players from AIS, who don’t want to transfer to professional clubs)?

2.3. Due to “foreigners limit”: is possible to create by my “football school” a player with PA sufficient to be a member of A-league team?

3. Due to salary cap: is there possibility, that if I sign very long contracts with my players with low weekly wage (but with big bonuses), they will not demand more and more money?

4. Is possible (after a few – four, five or more - seasons) to find Australian players generated by clubs in other countries with sufficient CA and PA to be members of professional team but cheap enough to join A-league teams?

5. What will happen with Australian national team after a few – 5, 10 - years (due to bug with AIS players reluctant to continue their career in professions teams)? Will the national team have sufficient number of good players able to compete against other national teams in Asia?

6. I heard that some rules and restrictions aren’t affected to AI A-league teams in FM2008. So my last question is: is possible to compete against them successfully after for example 10 years?

Archived