Can they tackle the ball?

Hey all!

I'm trying to manage Arsenal as the 08 version gave me lots of pleasure with this team, and they have great youth too.

Currently in the 2nd season, got in quite a lot of good youngsters (Mata, Asenjo, Drenthe, Veloso, Camacho, Agüero to name a few) and overall I'm doing well, trying new tactics this season so they still need to get used to it (and eachother).

But anyway, I just finished a home game vs Q.P.R. and they managed to get 32 fouls in, one after the other basicly, and only 1 yellow card(??)

My team got 6 fouls, and 1 yellow card... but the real difference is, I play at home with a team of probably €300/€350M and my players don't get protected (like IRL) by the referee.

I'm pleased that everyone got out alive without any broken legs though.

I remember in some away game that Touré picked up 2 yellow cards, this could be the case that I was telling my team to tackle hard :p

Anyway, games like that are not fun to watch I must say, noone got injured but it stills holds up the play and could harm any player really bad (and early in the season).

Its tactics mate. Everyone knows in real life one of the only ways to unsettle Arsenal is to get into them hard and make it physical! For all their good youngsters, not many fancy a battle. Your game against QPR suggests the AI recognise this, i have also seen others saying the same thing whilst managing Arsenal! In my opinion though, as i have posted in another thread, managing the gunners shouldn't be too hard as they are vastly over-rated ;)

I understand that it's some sort of tactic, but still 1 yellow card in a whole match where they made 32 fouls against you, that's something I don't understand.

Ah well, maybe it wasn't the best referee.

edit: hm, I didn't play untill I got this bad news yesterday, Mata is 8months(!!!!!) out of competition after a "late tackle", I've watched the incident again, it was just outside the penalty area, no foul, no cards nothing. Bad referee I guess..

Archived