Save Game Loading / Steam Issue?

Hi guys,

Just a quick (hopefully) question...when i first downloaded FM09 i went through Steam and have been playing through Steam for the last couple of weeks!

However, i am going away for a few weeks and wont have an internet connection available so i thought i'd go back to playing "offline" as it is...and not through Steam!

While this isn't a problem and FM opens up with no issues, it wont let me load my previous save game file - is this because i started it through Steam? And if so is there anyway around it!

Seems Steam is more of a pain than anything...

Thanks for your help/advice!

It's not because you're not starting it with Steam, unless you installed it twice, once with and once without steam. FM uses C:\My Documents\Sports Interactive\ to store save games and other data, regardless of whether its steam or DVD installed. Check if that folder exists.

However, i am going away for a few weeks and wont have an internet connection available so i thought i'd go back to playing "offline" as it is...and not through Steam!

While this isn't a problem and FM opens up with no issues, it wont let me load my previous save game file - is this because i started it through Steam? And if so is there anyway around it!

Why don't you just play using Steam's offline mode?

Archived