What determines whether the board will accept or reject my request for parent clubs?

I played the FM09 demo as a team in the lowest English league and I successfully requested for a parent club. This link gave me a great player on loan, which was crucial for me since I had no money to buy players.

Once I got FM09 (the full game) I started a game as the same team and requested a parent club. The board rejected my request with some reason like "its no point". I waited 6 months and made a new request, and the board rejected it with the same reason. After barely managing to avoid relegation (secured contract in the very last game), I made a new request while preparing for season 2. The board rejected again.

Since I had no problem to get a parent club in the demo I begin to wonder what actually determines the boards response...I play with the same team and the same board, yet they reject all requests. Have there been some changes in the first patch regarding this? Am I just unlucky now, or was I just extremely lucky before? Are there anything I can do to affect the boards decision?

Thank you for reading this post. Your thoughts on this issue are highly appreciated.

What team are you?

It may be that the team think they have too big a reputation to consider a Parent Club.

Im playing as Solihull Moors in the lowest league in England. I dont know how the club thinks about its reputation, but was this information updated for the full game?

Archived