second nationality- cannot speak baisic dutch

You do not need to be able to speak Dutch to gain Belgian citizenship. You do not need to be able to speak French, either. I would guess that if you post this in the bugs forum it will be fixed in the next patch (I know this doesn't help for your game)

You do not need to be able to speak Dutch to gain Belgian citizenship. You do not need to be able to speak French, either. I would guess that if you post this in the bugs forum it will be fixed in the next patch (I know this doesn't help for your game)

I don't know how it works in Belgium, but in the Netherlands, non-EU nationals do have to pass a citizenship and Dutch language test before being granted citizenship. I wouldn't be surprised if Belgium had similar rules..

Yeah the same thing happened to me too, well not exactly, but was trying to sign a player from Belgium and couldn't get a work permit for him as he didn't have Belgian nationality yet for the same reason.

But since it mirrors a (very good) real-life law, I didn't complain too much. Although a "learn Dutch now you lazy $@!%" button for players like this would be handy, I guess some players are just like that, and again the game is mirroring that.

I´m not familiar with their laws, but I personally believe that no country should grant citizenship without passing that country´s official language test.. being more or less "basic" depends on the criteria of each country... I have dual-nationality (Spain/USA).... ;)

If would be best to first look up the laws in Belgium to see if actually if it´s a error of SI o not.... :)

Archived