FAW Premier Cup in FM 2009

Hi All

Can anyone tell me whether or not the FAW (Football Association Wales) Premier Cup is an active competition in FM 2009?

I'm currently 5 months into an enjoyable campaign as my cherished Newport County, and started thinking I should have had some news as to who my first opponents would be as I sought to defend the title of 2008 FAW Premier Cup champions the club won in 2008. But after some checking, I find that the competition doesn't seem to exist, even though it is directly referenced in the 'Newport County: A Background' message that appears at the start - quote "Newport Co won the FAW Premier Cup in 2008 and finished runners-up on two other occasions"

I'm not the most die-hard FM player, but I certainly played enough over many years to know my way around 99% of the game. So am I just missing something here? Or have SI just decided to instigate a bit of euthanasia on the FAW Premier Cup for FM 2009? Since it was definitely in FM 2007 (I passed on FM 2008).

I have all the English leagues and Welsh league loaded, and both are set to playable.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Archived