System Requirements

Hey guys, I'm thinking of getting FM 09, possibly as an Xmas gift.

My computer is an Apple Mac laptop (Powerbook G4). It is a few years old but in good shape. However, it only has 512MB RAM and in Sport Interactive's system requirements, it says I will need 1GB RAM. However, I am not overly bothered about viewing the game in 3D, although I would like to watch possibly the goals in 3D at the end of the match. As this laptop has been passed on by a family relative, it has not ran any previous edition of FM.

Should I avoid purchasing FM 09 without a RAM upgrade?

As a possible alternative, I do have an old Window's desktop, with 256 RAM. This ran FM 07 and 08 fine, if a little sluggishly. However, it is specified that 512 RAM is required for Windows.

What can I do?

Thanks in advance guys!

Well more ram is always beter, but FM09 run always fine with 1 country selection!!

256 is way to small for FM09. 512 is totaly min min min so upgrade to 1 GB and it works fine!

even with more then 1 country, but tip from me wait for the next patch FM09 eating memory like hell

i have a Q6600 3 GB Memory 500GB HD and a 9600GT Nvidia and only have selected 5 Country's 6 Leagues and Small database and some times is slow like hell, so wait for the new patch and see what people have to say with it, maybe with the new patch 1GB is still not good for FM09.

Sorry ducth guy hope you understand what i have say here :p

Thanks a lot.

Do you think the fact I'm on Mac means I will need more RAM, because for some reason there required RAM is more??

Also, the 256MB RAM PC worked well enough for me on 08. Is it just the 3D engine which will make it run slow, because I am willing to disable it in order to get the same performance as 08.

Basically I'm asking will a 512 RAM Mac run FM 09 at all? Also if a PC could run FM 08 fine, is there any reason except for 3D match engine that it won't run FM 09?

Thanks a lot.

Do you think the fact I'm on Mac means I will need more RAM, because for some reason there required RAM is more??

Also, the 256MB RAM PC worked well enough for me on 08. Is it just the 3D engine which will make it run slow, because I am willing to disable it in order to get the same performance as 08.

Basically I'm asking will a 512 RAM Mac run FM 09 at all? Also if a PC could run FM 08 fine, is there any reason except for 3D match engine that it won't run FM 09?

i think its runst just fine with not to many country's and leagues, but dont expect mayor speeds :D

Dont know if 3D works but its not that big addon for the game.

The only thing is to test it by your self, install it on the desktop and see what the speed is.

test it on the mac and see what the speed is.

I think that the speed between mac and pc isnt to mutch, only thing i know is that Memory is cheap now.

here in holland 1 GB 667Mhz for 22.50 € thats make 16 pounds. But olso with this better and faster memory better performance with FM09.

Good Luck

Hey guys, I'm thinking of getting FM 09, possibly as an Xmas gift.

My computer is an Apple Mac laptop (Powerbook G4). It is a few years old but in good shape. However, it only has 512MB RAM and in Sport Interactive's system requirements, it says I will need 1GB RAM. However, I am not overly bothered about viewing the game in 3D, although I would like to watch possibly the goals in 3D at the end of the match. As this laptop has been passed on by a family relative, it has not ran any previous edition of FM.

Should I avoid purchasing FM 09 without a RAM upgrade?

As a possible alternative, I do have an old Window's desktop, with 256 RAM. This ran FM 07 and 08 fine, if a little sluggishly. However, it is specified that 512 RAM is required for Windows.

What can I do?

Thanks in advance guys!

I wouldnt even bother with FM 09 on that spec.

I played FM 07 on a G4 750 with 600+ mb of ram and it crawled.

You wont be getting any 3d with that integrated chip either .. and the results processing will take forever.

Build a dual (or better still quad) core box while they are cheap.

Try Ebuyer.co.uk for all your odds and sods.

Archived