how to use the data editor (and maybe other parts of the macpatch) with Tiger

Well, I found another, easier way to run the data editor with Tiger.

Download the patch for mac, then mount the .dmg. Now open the "Terminal", type "cd" then "cd ../../Volumes/FM2009\ v9.1.0\ Patch/FM2009\ v9.1.0\ Patch.pkg". Now type "open Contents" and a window in Finder will be opend, from where you can manually drag and drop some contents of the patch into your original Football Manager 2009 folder.

I tried this out and therefore know now, that all the additional files can be copied (even though all the files in the "sigfx" [this obiously contains the 3D engine files] are pretty much useless under Tiger), and the problem, why the patched version is not longer usable under Tiger, comes soley from the new, included "fm" application.

To say it in different words: replace the "Data Editor" that was installed with the original install, with the new version inside the Patch packadge. Now you have a functional Data Editor all the time. :)

Also after adding the "updates" folder into the "Football Manager 2009/data" folder, I had the feeling, that the rate in witch my players got injured, had clearly decreased.

So maybe this "patchwork" ^^ could solve some of the common problems.

Avarchillion

what should i be copying across?

that depends on what you want to have. :)

Ok, this was not very helpfull so another try. :D

If you want a functional Data Editor with Tiger do this:

- download the mac patch

- mount the .dmg file

- select the FM2009 v9.1.0 Patch.pkg and use right-click oder ctrl-click on the patch

- now select "show contents" and a window in Finder will open that will display all the stuff inside.

- copy the Archive.pax.gz (damn, I think I forgot to mention this earlier.... I'm getting old....)

onto your Harddrive and doubleclick it.

- now you have access to all the important contents of the patch

- copy the Data Editor from the patch archive into your Football Manager 2009 folder, where the old version of the Data Editor is to be found.

=> now you have a functional Data Editor.

Avarchillion

PS: sry for the delay, but, as every day, I was working out the last 2 hours and didn't check the forums. :)

"Also after adding the "updates" folder into the "Football Manager 2009/data" folder, I had the feeling, that the rate in witch my players got injured, had clearly decreased."

Hi Avarchillion,

Are you working on Tiger or Leopard? If on Tiger, can you give this computer illiterate (me) some detailed instructions on how to get the patch working on Tiger? And is the game working for you now without the injuries and other annoying stuff?

Much appreciated!

"Also after adding the "updates" folder into the "Football Manager 2009/data" folder, I had the feeling, that the rate in witch my players got injured, had clearly decreased."

Hi Avarchillion,

Are you working on Tiger or Leopard? If on Tiger, can you give this computer illiterate (me) some detailed instructions on how to get the patch working on Tiger? And is the game working for you now without the injuries and other annoying stuff?

Much appreciated!

I am not sure if you can get rid of all the annoying stuff, and yes I'm working on Tiger not Leopard.

But anyway did, what I wrote to sinclair3005, not help you?

Maybe I should make a "foto/screenshot-story" out of it. :D

Avarchillion

I am not sure if you can get rid of all the annoying stuff, and yes I'm working on Tiger not Leopard.

But anyway did, what I wrote to sinclair3005, not help you?

Maybe I should make a "foto/screenshot-story" out of it. :D

Avarchillion

I get the game tomorrow after work, as i am in the US, so I have no way to try it yet. I guess my question is: which files from the patch should i move to the SI/FM09 folder to get the game to work without major bugs (i.e. not to crash and have massive injuries). I don't really care about the editor, and i got a super-high-tech way of not clicking the Ctrl button (put a DONT TOUCH sticky on it hehe). So thats all i need really. I'll give it a try in approximately 26 hours when the game finally gets here and I'll let u know how it went.

Thanks in advance :)

I get the game tomorrow after work, as i am in the US, so I have no way to try it yet. I guess my question is: which files from the patch should i move to the SI/FM09 folder to get the game to work without major bugs (i.e. not to crash and have massive injuries). I don't really care about the editor, and i got a super-high-tech way of not clicking the Ctrl button (put a DONT TOUCH sticky on it hehe). So thats all i need really. I'll give it a try in approximately 26 hours when the game finally gets here and I'll let u know how it went.

Thanks in advance :)

Ok I'll try to upload some explaining screenshots:

and sry, but I'm german and therefore "Paketinhalt anzeigen" means "show contents" ;)

62144961mp2.jpg

so first do as shown in the picture above:

- mount the patch and open the contents of the .pkg packadge.

now another window opens:

95086550np8.jpg

from this window, copy the Archive.pax.gz onto your harddrive

as I am not allowed to post more pictures in one post, I will continue in the next post.

avarchillion

ok now unpack the Archive.pax.gz and you will have a folder looking like this:

84494978kc6.jpg

copy the "updates" folder into the "data" folder inside of your Football Manager 2009 folder located here:

19048820pj8.jpg

the patch archive has the same folder hierachy as the Football Manager 2009 directory, so it is not that difficult. ;)

By the way I'm only one of the annoyed Mac/Tiger users that loves the Football Manager series and tries his best to somehow get it running. So I don't know if it will work, I have jet to get any comment from anyone of SI regarding this "patchwork". So I also have no guarantee that this is the perfect answer to all our problems. ;)

But at least it's better then nothing.

Avarchillion

Archived