the transfer fee valuation & salary simply doubled from FM08

I reckon that's the case. i manage Arsenal. when i look at the club history column, the club's highest money received being Anelka for 41 mil. that was hardly the case, as Arsenal sold Anelka to Real for 23 mil.

then i look at players' salary, the top earner Gallas with FM09 around 140k per week, FM08 was 70k.

player i bought Miguel Veloso FM08 was around 8mil, now 20mil.

before anyone starts, i understand with each year's version, players' valuation may be different. but from what i observated so far, i think SI simly doubled up everything when comes to $$ from FM08. in a sense, yes, that makes it more real. but unfortunately they didn't realize as a result it changed the history of the club's highest paid and received players. check ur club history section, u'll know what i mean.

Check your preferences and see what currency is currently being displayed? I've checked my game and all transfers that I can remember seem to have the correct value.

Anelka is in Arsenal's transfer records at £23,000,000 in U.K. Pound Sterling, whereas if I convert to U.S. Dollars he was sold for $43,500,000. Could it be as simple as you're not using the currency you thought you were?

As for the player valuations going up, if you're talking about younger players e.g. Veloso, don't forget that he's had another year to develop and improve, so logically his valuation and importance to a club would have changed, and both of these play a part in determining how much a club will sell him for.

I got him for £11.5m on the demo, which seems to be about the price most have said they paid. I'd agree with the person who suggested to check the currency your game is in, as if anything, the transfer fees being paid are less this year, not more.

Archived