Richest club in the game?

Abramovich's money is personal wealth which he can use any way he likes.

The Abu Dhabi Consortium is the wealth of an entire oil emirate. The consortium are allocators of capital and therefore they have accountability for the money they spend, they can't pursue loss making ventures without getting a return so I doubt they will spend as ridiculously as a lot of people think.

Having said that, Man City are probably the richest :)

i listened to a great interview with their representative by a BBC journalist when city was bought... it was hilarious..

Reporter: "in England we have a saying which goes 'how deep is your pocket?' So how deep really is your pocket?"

Sheikh Mansour: "Very, very deep."

Reporter: "Deeper than Abramovich?"

Sheikh Mansour: "hehehe... much, muuuch deeper."

i listened to a great interview with their representative by a BBC journalist when city was bought... it was hilarious..

Reporter: "in England we have a saying which goes 'how deep is your pocket?' So how deep really is your pocket?"

Sheikh Mansour: "Very, very deep."

Reporter: "Deeper than Abramovich?"

Sheikh Mansour: "hehehe... much, muuuch deeper."

I imagine Sheikh Mansour was rubbing his hands when he said that.

no chance mate... The Abu Dhabi consortium's coffers are so large that they even bring Abramovich to his knees 10 times over.

Your probably right. However, Lakshmi Mittal is the 5th richest man in the world. Plus his F1 partners are all Billionaires. That aside, the owners of QPR are operating the club as a business and expect it to make money... not as a toy aka Man City.

Archived