Brilliant!!!

I have to say I went home last night to install my Football Manager 2009 with much trepidation after reading the numurous posts on here. Added to that I had to register my copy by phone! Anyway, I got through first time on the number and registered easily within five minutes. Thinking this must be too good to be true i continued to start new game, expecting my computer to crash at any moment having not installed dirext x or updated my graphics package.

But hurrah! no such problems...within 15 minutes my game was up and playing.

Now to the game...I have to say I think its absolutely incredible! The media is much more developed and their is a tactical side to the game which has been missing in previous versions.

I adopted Tottenham as my maiden team and set about filling in my tactic 4-2-3-1 with the players I thought would fit the system. A Veloso, Pandev, Albin, Mati Fernandez and Sylvain Distin later and I was happy with my set up! First game away to Stoke the potters plundered a 2-1 win against the run of play. That made a trip to the Emirates for my second game all the more daunting. But the game offers you an array of approaches which mean if you sit down and look at the opposition you can come up with that tactic to get the job done. After much tweaking I was able to capture a disciplined 1-0 win over my fierce rivals.

I have to say I love it!!! From top to bottom! Well done Si!

A pointless post...but i have to echo these thoughts. Apart from the Spurs bit.

I'm still not over our single loss in the league; losing when playing poorly is fine. Losing when battering a team however, is hard to take.

I suppose it reflects what FM sometimes shows us...that you can completely outclass an opponent yet still lose the game. :)

Archived