Mixed Emotions!

Got home from school on Friday, went upstairs to get dressed because we were going on a long car journey to York. Back downstairs I spot a GAME bag on the side, peek inside and I find FMH 2009. Absolutely delighted, 3 hours in the car, i-pod on with new game. So having spent the whole weekend on holiday on my PSP, I've got a few points to make about FMH 2009:

1. It's happened again! Everytime I get the new FMH, I always get sacked within the first season again and again for about the first week. This time, Man. City, buy Kaka, Veloso, Hamsik, Silva, Srna, Akinfeev. 5th at time I get sacked midway through January.

2. Linked to point 1, I get a message every week from the fans calling for my head, the board status is 'extremely disapointed' and my job status is 'v.insecure'. I ask for more time to rebuild squad and they say, 'We are confused why you have asked for more time because we feel you are performing fine'. Day after, I'm sacked.

3. 2D pitch, little disapointed with the way that players act:

- Defenders seem to run alongside attackers and not do anything

- Headers being scored from 40 yards (Kaka 1 on 1, lobs it back to the halfway line, 'Bojinov with a glancing header', Goal for Man. City!)

- Keepers parrying it 40 yards up the pitch

- Midfielder last man standing! (Frank Lampard is last man, Him, Kaka, Robinho, and Jo are only players in sight as well as Cech, Jo misses and defenders start ambling back!)

But after watching this, it reminds me of Premier Manager 98' when goals were scored from anywhere and everywhere and you never know whats going happen (Kompany charges forward and scores form 40 yards with a 'placed shot')

4. Even through all the pain it puts you through (Beating Chelsea at Stamford Bridge but losing to West Brom the week after at home), it is still the most addicting game ever. And thats what makes Football Manager and thats why I get it every year!

Archived