Can't launch Steam or access CD?

If anyone can offer any pointers, I'd be most grateful...

Yesterday I got as far as the dreaded Soft Anchor screen and eventually gave up and got onto the important task of having a curry.

This morning, my first problem was that I couldn't launch Steam through either the desktop link or from the programs list. So after several attempts, I opted to uninstall it with the idea of starting again from scratch.

Now however, nothing happens when I put the disc in the drive. The FM2009 disc is recognised, yet when I click on it from My Computer again nothing happens.

I'm using XP and my specifications surpass what is listed on the box.

Hopefully I'm missing something really obvious, but any suggestions would be much appreciated.

If anyone can offer any pointers, I'd be most grateful...

Yesterday I got as far as the dreaded Soft Anchor screen and eventually gave up and got onto the important task of having a curry.

This morning, my first problem was that I couldn't launch Steam through either the desktop link or from the programs list. So after several attempts, I opted to uninstall it with the idea of starting again from scratch.

Now however, nothing happens when I put the disc in the drive. The FM2009 disc is recognised, yet when I click on it from My Computer again nothing happens.

I'm using XP and my specifications surpass what is listed on the box.

Hopefully I'm missing something really obvious, but any suggestions would be much appreciated.

If the disc is recognised. Then go into Start, then run. Then type in your dvd drive label (i.e. D:\, E:\)

So i'd do..

Start >> Run >> E:\

You'd probably do:

Start >> Run >> D:\

Finally, some people with a modicum of sense in this bloody forum. You folks should be commended, rather than the tens of thousands of sensationalist drivel-spouting t*****s who would be banned by now if I ran the forum. Posting at 2am and wondering why they haven't had a reply to their post from an SI guy within 4 minutes, etc etc etc. "Let's sue SI under the sale of goods act etc etc etc".

I hate people, but at least some of you will be worth sparing when the revolution comes. :):thup:

Archived