For what the 3d is, colour me impressed. and a few other random thoughts

I've read so much negativity about the 3d in the beta on the forums which is understandable as many people expect different things, but I must say from what I have seen in the game I'm pretty impressed.

To Expand:

I couldn't see the 3d in the demo version (which didn't worry me) as my laptop specs apparently wasn't up to standard, although with the game on the same laptop it now works fine, although it is a big jerky/laggy at times which is understandable as my laptop is a base model with Vista and 1g memory.

Now I didn't expect to much from the 3d in the first place, but maybe my expectations were lowered further by the negativity here, so much to my suprise when I played my first friendly game and it came up with 3d I was very impressed as it was working!

Watching the games in 3d with little or no expectations I found that I really enjoyed what the 3d was, and that was a representation of what was happening on the field with the match engine, it gave new insights into what the hell the players were doing at times and by watching in 3d I can now understand how my player missed a goal, or why he hit such a crap pass or how good the build play actually was instead of guessing sometimes while watching the 2d.

Now its not perfect but anyone who expected it to be should remove their head from their arse or stop living in the clouds. I find I can greatly appreciate the match more now I can see the 3d representations of what is happening.

--

Looking forward to seeing where the 3d eventually goes and maybe you might see advancements like being able to be a player manager (and actually playing!) although this would be a long way off!

--

As a side note, I would love to be able to define who I played for, how many games, goals etc I had as a history as an expansion to the previous experience when you make a new manager.

Another thing I would love to see, is what effect you actually have on training as a Manager instead of just having the other coaches ratings I would like to see what I have, am I a brilliant tactician that could do that role with ease or is my expertease somewhere else.

Some work would have to be done with this though as it could greatly affect training especially at lower level clubs but I think it could be a good addition.

With trials I think another good addition would be people asking you for a trial, but some sort of locality thing would have to be introduced. From what I've read with lower league clubs they do get a lot of people wanting to trial there so I think this could be a worthwhile addition. An option would be to set your assistant manager to filter it if you didnt want to get spammed and he would pass on his recommendation if he felt the player good enough, again work would have to be done on this to make it viable.

Anyway there we go my two cents worth.

Have fun!!

Thanks for your views Panpardus. Seems honest and clear. I shall be getting the game at some point today, and after reading your points, makes it all the more exciting! Simple really, if you don't like 3D, then don't watch it. We all saw the preview videos September/October time and could see it was no FIFA, but some people expectect miracles. It'll come and this is a good start.

I need to know when the game will be available in Romania or if how can I download it via Steam or some other service...?

Also I need to know , after I buy the game , can I use the patch that has just been released?

I hope that if the game it's as from today available in Europe...I hope Romania it's still a part of it :)..It was when I last checked :))

Hi RossoBlue. It may be worth doing a search on the forum for your answer, or if not, creating a new thread so someone can see your query from there. I'm not too sure when out in Romania, but I can't see a problem with the patch working on it when you have it.

Archived