If 08 works ok

When i opened my case to install my dvd rewriter i think i noticed a few unused slots but im not sure. i just downloaded cpu-z and it says i have ddr in one slot and my other slot is empty, dont know what im talking about, dont know much about computers.

When i opened my case to install my dvd rewriter i think i noticed a few unused slots but im not sure. i just downloaded cpu-z and it says i have ddr in one slot and my other slot is empty, dont know what im talking about, dont know much about computers.

DDR is your memory slots.

So you can add another one (has to be the same spec as your current one).

So saying if your current one is.

PC-3200 400mhz.

It has to be the same one. You can always take out that chip, and look on the label. It'll tell you what it is.

DDR is your memory slots.

So you can add another one (has to be the same spec as your current one).

So saying if your current one is.

PC-3200 400mhz.

It has to be the same one. You can always take out that chip, and look on the label. It'll tell you what it is.

it says 512mb pc3200 nanya technology

Wow, weird.

Ok, erm. Well, due to this. You've probably got a fairly old graphics accelerator. Therefor, you won't be able to run the game unless you probably upgrade it.

If you've got a pci or a pci express slot. You can easily upgrade it. Won't cost too much either.

I have a pretty brand new laptop too. (VISTA). Should it be ok on there?

thanks for that. theres a lil computer shop near me that sells memory and stuff so i will check his prices out. might be a few quid more than play's prices but i can get it there and then. i will have a look inside to see if i have a pci slot and if so might treat myself to a better graphics card. i did hear if your pc was built after 1995 then i should at least have one slot.

If you have PCI. I recommend a Nvidia Geforce FX5200 256mb.

If you have PCI-Express. Then you need to find out how many watts and rated amps your Power Supply Unit (PSU) is. If you have 300w, then you should be able to run a 8600gt.

:)

how to i find that out

Archived