HUGE problem with FM09 when using CONCACAF nations and qualifying to the World Cup

Now i'm not sure if i'm getting ahead of myself here, but i've checked the North American (CONCACAF) World Cup qualification on the FM09 Demo and it seems that the groups are not in the correct order. Now this is not really a big problem, but what is, is that i noticed that my national team (El Salvador), the team that i use 90% of the time when i play FM is not placed in any of the groups in the qualfiers. According to the Demo, El Salvador was eliminated before the group stage by the USA (a team we haven't even played yet). And in our place, there is Panama (the team that we defeated to qualify to the groups). The other 11 national teams that are ment to be there are there, the only one missing is El Salvador. Now i know that might not mean much to people who don't play as national teams or dont play through CONCACAF, but like i said, i ALWAYS play as El Salvador and it's a HUGE problem for me.

Now i'm not sure if this is just a problem with the Demo or if it will be like this on the full version, but i have heard that the Demo is an exact copy of the full version so i doubt it. So i was wondering if there be some kind of patch to fix this problem or will i have to live with it and accept that SI stuffed up and wait to qualify my team to WC2014?

To be honest, after having a decent look at the Demo, i have had second thoughts about buying the game, but i thought i'd give it a chance and that atleast the extensive player lists and national team sections will make it worth me buying it, but if this stuff up is on the full version, then i very much doubt that i'll get it.

What league did you start from ie what quickstart? When you play the full game and choose your leagues you will get a different start date compared to other leagues so the prequalifying match v USA will have been simulated in the demo but in the full game it will not.

What league did you start from ie what quickstart? When you play the full game and choose your leagues you will get a different start date compared to other leagues so the prequalifying match v USA will have been simulated in the demo but in the full game it will not.

I've made two saves both in La Liga.

I REALLY hope your right about the start dates being different on the full version. If that is the case, then i'll buy it, although i might have to give it a few days after it's release to see if someone else who has bought it can confirm that the qualifiers are not the same.

Well IRL, the two aren't going to meet until the final round of qualifiers which begin in Feb next year. Up until that date, we've been in completly separate groups, i think the last time we played them was close to two years ago :O

See on the Demo, the qualifiers are only at the third round (the same IRL), and no games have been played (even though IRL there is only one game to go). Now the third round started in August, so i understand that maybe by that stage SI had already done all the work and didn't have a chance to keep updating the results, which is fine, but they still should have put out the right groups and participants. I mean like i said, El Salvador is the only one missing, and Panama has taken it's place, even though we beat them in the second round of qualifers in June. Add to that, that even that round of qualifers is not ordered correctly, even though the groups had been formed since April.

Archived