these simple fixes worked for me

I’m sure there are similar things being experienced and said around the forums, but thought I would add my experiences into a new post in the hope that some might find it a bit useful.

Like many others, my first impression of the demo was quite poor, and I had many of the performance issues that others have reported, including crashes, lagging, weird graphics, crazy sensitive typing etc.

So i decided to try some of the workarounds suggested in the sticky, and guess what, problems gone! No more crashing, lagging, weird graphics or crazy typing. So these are the simple things I did.

- Updated my graphics driver

- Set the game to windowed mode

- Right clicked the demo icon and ran as administrator

- Set the camera on ‘elevated’ (game graphics look much better and movement more realistic)

Now the game is running like a dream, performance wise (though I am starting to encounter the fatigue and injury issues, but I’m confident these will be fixed in the patch). I do have a pretty good laptop (HP dv51138 tx, 2.3 dual core, 2 gig ram, nvidia 9600mGT 512, vista home premium), but even on this machine, the changes have made a big difference and I can definitely say that my opinion of the potential of the game to be the best yet has definitely gone up.

Hopefully some of you might be able to try similar things and get better results.

Archived