What do you do when a good player doesn't fit in your formation?

I'm currently playing the demo and have taken over Man City. The formation working for me is the 4-4-2 Diamond Attacking. Which unfortunatly means Wright-Phillipps can't fit in the squad as he can't comfortably play in any of the positions.

I'm going to continue using the formation if its working, so what would you do with him? Sell him? Loan him out? Or change formation to something else that works so you could play your best XI?

I've had this problem on FM08 when I change tactics.

Current line-up

GK Hart

DL Baines

DC Dunne

DC Kompany

DR Richards

DMC Diarra

MC Ireland

MC Johnson

AMC Robinho

ST Jo

ST Caicedo

Subs Schmiecheal, Ben Haim, Ball, Fernandes, Wright, Phillips, Petrov, Castillo.

I'm just finalising a deal for Lazio's Radu (DC) and waiting for a work permit for Aguero (yes he actually accepted!).

I always play as Arsenal, dont know why your playing as man city. Youre lucky your demo works cus mine doesnt. Its bad look if a good player doesnt fit your formation. Try seeing if you can play them out position. Van der vaart is cam, but on last years game i put in cm alongside fabregas, he kept scoring great goals from long shots and free kicks and by the time he was 29, he was my captain, and his profile said he was an Arsenal legend!:)

Player naming shouldn't be in GD!

You hope that common sense prevails and the user is smart enough to make up their own mind.

If your not going to help then get lost. You get your kicks out of giving people in trouble on a forum? haha

To the topic opener, if you feel you have enough cover for the rest of your midfield then sell him. If you dont then keep him, becuase even if he doesnt fit in comfortably you can squeez him on short periods to cover for an injury or ban, and lets face it with the injury bug you cant have enough cover lol.

Might also be worth training him a new position so he does fit?

If your not going to help then get lost. You get your kicks out of giving people in trouble on a forum? haha

Oh give over. If i'd wanted to get him in trouble I would have reported his post, all I did was provide information as to what should and shouldn't be in GD. I really do wonder about some of the pond life in here :rolleyes:

I wasnt sure if i should of posted it here, but its not exactly a good team guide lol. Just a general question about not being able to use a player. sorry.

No need to say sorry, just that in GD/GQ player naming is frowned upon, whereas GPTG is full of people who talk about players all the time, so they would know more than us GD dwellers ;)

Archived