Will we be able to "Buy out" future transfer clauses in FM09?

By "Buy-out" I mean offer money to a club for a certain transfer clause in a players contract that had previously been agreed between the two clubs such as a "percentage of next transfer" or "money after so many international appearences/goals" etc. It happened when Spurs bought-out the two transfer clauses in Gareth Bales transfer contract with Southampton regarding international appearences and a possible future transfer percentage. I know it probably doesn't happen that often IRL, but it does happen. It would probably be more useful for a club struggling for funds, the club could ask for money instead of waiting to cash-in on any future agreement (I think thats what happen in the Spurs-Southampton-Bale case)

By "Buy-out" I mean offer money to a club for a certain transfer clause in a players contract that had previously been agreed between the two clubs such as a "percentage of next transfer" or "money after so many international appearences/goals" etc. It happened when Spurs bought-out the two transfer clauses in Gareth Bales transfer contract with Southampton regarding international appearences and a possible future transfer percentage. I know it probably doesn't happen that often IRL, but it does happen. It would probably be more useful for a club struggling for funds, the club could ask for money instead of waiting to cash-in on any future agreement (I think thats what happen in the Spurs-Southampton-Bale case)

Didn't Aston Villa do this with Ugo Eghiog? I'm sure there was a 50% sell on clause that West Brom would of been due, but Villa paid them off.

Archived