Excuse Ignorance - Installing Patch 8.0.2 for FM 2008 on a Mac

Dear All,

Complete novice here so pls forgive possible stupidity of question. Just bought the 08 game (dirt cheap) whilst waiting for 09 game. I have downloaded the 8.0.2 patch for Mac and I have a file on my desktop called FM2008 v8.0.2 patch.pkg.

I have absolutely no idea of what to do with it in order to update the game. Can anyone advise? Do I have to drag and drop it into a particular file? :confused:

Very surprised that nobody has been able to answer this. Just had a look at file and right clicked and opened "Show package contents". This revealed another file (contents). Clicking on that you get some unopenable files but one is called "Archive.pax.gz". If you click on this you get a programme running that opens another file called archive with an FM2008 logo in it. Clicking this just opens the game with a black screen and nothing else. You have to "force quit". Not sure what to do now, just play with v8.0 or wait for FM2009. I can see me having the same issues with a patch for that game. Surely someone must have had this issue.

I don't understand what you are doing. All you need to do is click twice on 'FM2008 v8.0.2 patch.pkg'. A installation window will open then.

Find your Sports Interactive/FM2008 folder and finish installing the patch.

It's supposed to work this simple. Are you getting any error message?

Archived