Republic of Ireland start date Query

This is a pretty straight-forward question and I'd be very grateful if anyone who knows could help.

I want to start a game in the Republic of Ireland. I've played a few before - Galway, Wexford - starting in January 2007 because that way you start with the right teams in the right leagues as it was at the start of the game.

However, since patching up and having the game updating to how things stood this year, I was wondering...If I start the game in January 2008 now, will the teams now be relegated/promoted (ie will Longford now be relegated)?

Cheers

I don't really understand what you're saying TBH. In fact, I am quite confused!

Are you asking if the 8.0.2 patch edits the game after promotions and relagations? If so, then no. The official FM 8.0.2 patch does not implement promotions or relagation.

Are you asking if, if you holiday the game for a year, the game will start with all of the correct teams in the right leagues? If so, then no. FM can't tell who went up or down in real life, so there is no way that the correct teams could be certain to go up or down in a season.

Or are you asking if, with an update that, from the start of the game, puts all teams that were promoted/relagated into the leagues they were promoted/relagated into, is there a chance that the teams that were promoted/relagated will be relagated/promoted? If so, then yes. If teams are put into their leagues IRL for the first season, then there is every chance that they will be promoted/relagated by the time that you get to the same season as IRL.

Are any of these right? If so, hope it helped.

Thanks for your help.

What I was saying was that the Irish league is a January-December league so the fact the patch came out after the new Irish season had started I wasn't sure if the promotions and relegations were updated. Upon experimenting I have discovered that the league is updated - regardless of start date.

Thanks again.

Archived