Show only the important skills

Patch #2 for Football Manager 2008 should include the following option according to the site I downloaded it from:

option to show only the important skills for certain player positions in the player info

I downloaded and installed the patch, restarted my computer and started a completely new game. I can't find the option anywhere. Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks!

It's weird, screenshots are for a console. But never mind, I'll play the game as it is.

Do you know a list for important attributes per position?

Now I have a list but I think it's not the best one around. For central defender for example it gives loads of most important attributes:

Positioning, jumping, tackling, marking, aggression, strength, bravery and heading.

My way of playing the game is buying talented players (15-20 years old), train them until they reach nice market value and then sell. I'm not sure what stats to train them on though!

Could you help me with that?

And a 2nd question: do attributes go down when you don't train them at all? Is that age-related?

there was a list about important attributes for positions, yeah. i'll see if i can find it again... the best way, i find, is to have specific training schedules for each position, so it maximises the time they spend on attributes/areas they need most. if you have a look in the "tactics and training" forum for "seasoned alcoholic's training schedules" theyre the ones i use.

i think the attributes do go down, albeit very slowly, if the player isnt getting trained... but im not entirely sure about that.

ill have a look for these links and see what i can dig up...

stats for positions

training schedules

this thread has some good links in

Archived