Assistant manager better than me!!

Hi guys.

I've done a simple test.

2 seasons where I manage all games

Same 2 seasons this time go on holiday and assistant manager takes games.

Both seasons the assistant does much better than myself when managing the team.

Has anyone else experienced this?

The thing that concerns me is that the assistant manager gets a lot of unbelieveable results, such as beating the Old Firm regularly away from home (I'm Albion Rovers in the SPL in 2018).

So I've now come to the annoying conclusion that in order to win things I should let the assistant manager take games but that spoils my enjoyment of the game icon_frown.gif

Hi guys.

I've done a simple test.

2 seasons where I manage all games

Same 2 seasons this time go on holiday and assistant manager takes games.

Both seasons the assistant does much better than myself when managing the team.

Has anyone else experienced this?

The thing that concerns me is that the assistant manager gets a lot of unbelieveable results, such as beating the Old Firm regularly away from home (I'm Albion Rovers in the SPL in 2018).

So I've now come to the annoying conclusion that in order to win things I should let the assistant manager take games but that spoils my enjoyment of the game icon_frown.gif

Are you Dennis Wise? It's widely accepted amongst most Leeds fans that Poyet was the "match manager", hence why when he left Leeds started to lose regularly. Dennis just bought the players etc.

Anyway, "Spoils your enjoyment"? Then don't go on holiday. Sometimes the simplest answers are the hardest ones to see.

It's clear that your Ass Man has better understanding of tactics etc, just like Poyet. He must be really annoyed working for someone who can't beat the old firm icon_biggrin.gif

Also, don't forget your ass man is probably more experienced than you.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> So I've now come to the annoying conclusion that in order to win things I should let the assistant manager take games </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perhaps that's how those people who want to play "Football Chairman 2009" should go about it - buy the players you like and let a decent Ass Man take charge. icon_wink.gif

Yes I know I should just take games myself however when one is trying to break Celtic's 5 in a row SPL titles one will try anything!

Just another moan, I've got 110 millions quid at Albion Rovers but cant buy a decent player for love nor money. Is there any way of finding out what level my club reputation is at in 2019? I know you can check it out in the editor at the start of the game.

Rant over icon_smile.gificon_biggrin.gif

FMM? I dont know what that stands for but I can tell you I got 110 million from buying huys young and then selling them. Unfortunately I cant hold on to my best youngsters until they get really good as either a team bids well over their value and the board accepts it or they run their contract down.

Oh well

Season 2019/2020 here I come icon_smile.gif

Archived