Spurs stadium

Anybody tip me off here?

I've got the stadium up to 47,000 and the council won't allow further expansion.

I asked the board and they tell me that they are understanding - but that was 6 months ago. In the meantime I've sold off some quality to give the board a balance of £100M.

So, are they likely to sanction a new stadium or is that just not going to happen? icon_smile.gif

I would think that the board decides stadium expansion/sanctioning a new stadium on a number of factors - mainly attendances, success on the field (ie more supporters want to watch the team) and ticket sales. If you're having a successful season, attendances are doing good then there's a possibility they'll sanction a new stadium. As you've got Spurs ground up to 47,000 though, it might be unlikely they'll sanction a new stadium. Although, taking into account the following example, it will depend on the boards decision.

I asked the board to expand Old Trafford (to get the capacity up to around 70,000) and they said that the stadium was adequate. Now though, at the start of the new season, they want to expand it with a further 16,000 seats (so capacity will be just over 92,000).

Archived