Which makes the game run slower?

Number of leagues open and playable or number of extra nations loaded in the database? Which one makes the game run slower?

For instance if I play I like to have the whole area open so say Asia I'd open all the asian leagues and then I'd like to open all the players from asian too (because greyed out teams in say the Asian champions league really annoys me) But once I've opened all the leagues/ or say if I open just Hong Kong and then open all players from asia instead the game still says 1 or half * speed and it can slow down alot.

If I remember right If I open all of asian leagues plus all of asian players it's about 52,000 players loaded and say 10 leagues. I don't have a bad or old machine, 4g Ram and so on. Is there a way I can make it playable again?

Thanks

Playable leagues will generally make the biggest difference to game speed since it is dependent on CPU - even the fastest will struggle if you have a lot enabled (non-playable leagues make a comparatively small difference and you can enable loads with little difference to game speed).

Loading up extra nations shouldn't make a difference if you have enough RAM since it would only slow the game down if you exceed your RAM and the game has to keep swapping to virtual RAM - which would slow the game down noticeably. Since you have 4gb you should be okay for loading plenty of extra nations and are unlikely to experience that problem.

The speed, as predicted by the game when you start a game, is not very accurate, so don't pay too much attention to it. Anyway, the answer in your case will almost certainly be playable leagues make the game run slower.

Archived