Striker helping team defence ? How ? ( Based on a true story, starred by Cavani )

I'm playing with Atletico Madrid, using classical 4-4-2 with Edinson Cavani and Falcao up front.

I just want to use all energy of Cavani ( for me, he has the arc reactor of Iron Man , as you know 20 Stamina and 19 work rate). As a result his condition is merely below %80 at the end of the 90 minutes, covering 10.5 km average.

Now, I'm coming to the question. My left winger, covers over 13 km when he plays full. This is basically due to his position. It really annoys me that a lazy talent show old man runs more than Cavani. What I want is so simple. I want to use Cavani's over-power in the team defence.(an example is Johan Elmander in real life) How can I make him press in front of my central midfielders without limiting his attacking responsibilities. ( Generally playing him as a CF and scores 0.8 goals per game and delivers 0.3 assists per game)

To your knowledge, I'm not keen on playing him as a defensive forward. I'm not gonna create a Dirk Kuyt.

"without limiting his attacking"

This will be your problem :) unless he can teleport himself and be in 2 places in the same time it's not going to happen, if you want him to help out on defense (and CF is a good option for that since he's allowed to roam he'll run down to help out your CM/Winger in defense) then he's going to be out of position when it's time to attack... Playing him as AF might help a little as he doesn't need to hold the ball so he's more likely to run up once he get the ball rather than holding it first.

But the main thing is just that, you can't have your forward running back to help out in defense and then expected to spearhead your attack

Archived