Cant go on holidays

Not too sure what your exact problem is. You may have accidentally been setting Team Settings. Go to Options > Manager > Go on Holiday - if you have been doing that and something odd is happening there, you'll need to post a bit more detail so I can understand your problem.

Right. I assume you're using Windows XP, but it would be similar on Vista, so just adapt - go to My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\data

Then delete everything in that folder. Let me know how you get on, you may need to reload the game or reload the skin before the change takes effect.

Sorry, I instructed you wrongly. The folder you are looking for is actually in your install directory (e.g. C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive...). But before doing that, you may not need to do so. It seems you have put the FM Resource Tool in that folder somewhere. You might be able to fix your problem by just deleting that, or moving it to another folder. If that doesn't work, or you have no Resource Tool, you may need to clear out the data folder and replace it using the installer.

Delete it - it is used for unpacking the fmf files, which set some of the preferences in the game, basically is used by Skinners to create skins. I don't exactly know why it does what it does, but I think it unpacks the files when the game is launched - delete it anyway, or move it out of the Football Manager 2008 folder if you want to keep it.

Archived