Sponsorships and renewals of them - how does it work?

Hello.

I have played various teams and I would like to know what makes a team get new sponsors and what decides how much money a team receives.

Further more I'd like to know if a team, lets say Southampton is promoted, shouldn't the directors of the club go out hunting for new sponsors?

From what I've read across the forum I've come to understand that the sponsor deals set in the database lays a far to "good" foundation for how a team gets new sponsordeals in the future. For example, Southampton will reach about £3m in total sponsorship in 5 years, winning everything and Man Utd will get £30m being relegated from EPL, numbers not based on anything but it makes my point.

I think it's solely based on club reputation. So win more trophies and you will get better sponsorship.

You can also get new sponsors when you build a new stadium, but these are relating to the stadium not the kits.

Im not sure of the differences when a club gets promoted compared to those who just got relegated, but I guess it depends when the current deal expires.

Archived