The wheels are coming off...

After 31 games in League One in the 2016/17 season (my second in League One) I was 5th as Woking. Now after 2 wins in 13 games I'm 14th. Have not scored more than 1 goal in ages and the defence is good but my strikers just can't seem to find the back of the net :(

The same happened last season, after a great start we just fell away in the last third of the season. To be fair though, my board are 'delighted with the leadership qualities I'm showing' as they expected me to narrowly avoid relegation pre-season. This is on FM11 on the PC.

Anyone else get frustratingly close to getting something good and then for some unknown reason their team just can't seem to win for love nor money?

After 31 games in League One in the 2016/17 season (my second in League One) I was 5th as Woking. Now after 2 wins in 13 games I'm 14th. Have not scored more than 1 goal in ages and the defence is good but my strikers just can't seem to find the back of the net :(

The same happened last season, after a great start we just fell away in the last third of the season. To be fair though, my board are 'delighted with the leadership qualities I'm showing' as they expected me to narrowly avoid relegation pre-season. This is on FM11 on the PC.

Anyone else get frustratingly close to getting something good and then for some unknown reason their team just can't seem to win for love nor money?

Yep ;)

Twice in my Bundesliga save, when I played with Hoffenheim and managed to stay on top with 6pts ahead of second place with just 5-6 games to be played and then...

Especially after the scnd big update, it seems like the AI got much more intelligent and even though the ME hasnt changed, they start to use shouts more often and more wisely, so I guess, you need to adapt your tactics to the situation and can't play with one universial tactic anymore ;)

Try reloading ur archived original tactic cos it works. I was winning everything, then after 4 matchs with no clear cut chances I reloaded my original tactic even tho I believed I hadnt made any changes to it. Next game it was like the boys suddenly remembered they cud play football like before. I reccomend this to anyone in a bad run if there team was playing well earlier. No tips im afraid on how to stop strikers fluffing chances - sorry lol

Ended up 6 points off the Play Offs, won my last two games 3-0 and 2-3.Hadn't scored in ages. Brought in several players over the new Pre-Season and some players with real potential and loaned them out within days. Will see what 2017/18 brings! Let's hope it's a new stadium or expansion even though I'm only averaging 68% capacity!

Archived