warning: did not find font resource: fonts/helveticaneueots. RECENTLY UPGRADED TO OSX LION

Hi,

I had this problem when FM2012 first came out and I was using snow leopard.

"I install via steam. Everything goes fine until game starts to load. As game starts loading, but before opening menu options it then goes to a minimised screen and says "warning: did not find font resource: fonts/helveticaneueots."

It was resolved by deleting through the skins file in user files.

I tried to do this again through Lion but the file folders are no longer there for me to be able to delete the problem file.

Have uninstalled and reinstalled but they are still not there and I'm still getting the same message.

Game crashes with this message before I get to the game's main menu.

Please help!

All solved now. It was down to Lion hiding files. Solved by going through terminal to reveal them and then making necessary changes through cache.

Solution previously provided by Kriss the moderator totally fixed this for me:I found this in the bugs forum which seems to relate

"This has happened in the last 2 versions of the game if I remember correctly. I am a bit surprised that it is still causing a problem. It relates to the "skin cache" file called fm2012.skc.

You can delete the preferences and cache from the library folder, Steam does write to these foldesr. However they are hidden if you are using OSX Lion - you have to make it show by opening the terminal and typing the following

chflags nohidden ~/Library/

This will allow you to see your library and delete the caches. However the simple way around is to disable the "use skin cache" tick box in the preferences panel - this has completely resolved my problem. "

Archived