Custom Database Test - World Nations League

chesney

Hello all, this is my 1st FM career updates thread, but one that is probably quite unique :)

I have created a custom database, in which a new competition has been created called the World Nations League.

The idea is this:

- There are 20 countries (I took the top 20 in the current FIFA world rankings)

- They play each other twice every Saturday (38 matches)

- Top 8 go through to a group stage with 2 groups of 4 (3 matches)

- Top of each groups go through to a final

I am managing England for a season, as a test to make sure it works, and have decided to update everyone on how it is going :)

I just finished August, and my first four matches, so I will update soon.

August Report

I had 4 games in August for the start of the season, and my first 3 were probably the 3 hardest you can get.

Italy 1-1 England

I was happy to come away with a point, after an even match where I went ahead, but Italy pegged us back shortly after half time.

England 4-0 Spain

Wow! I went into this game slightly more defensive, and had the upper hand throughout the first half but it remained 0-0, so I reverted back to my original tactics and we dominated the 2nd half and won 4-0.

England 2-0 Holland

Another tough match, and another fine result. Two goals from Rooney won this match.

Switzerland 1-4 England

A good result to round off the month, Rooney grabbed a hattrick and Cahill scored late on.

Also, during my 4-1 win over Switzerland, Portugal won 10-2 away at Sweden. Christiano Ronaldo bagged 5 goals.

I am currently 3rd with 10 pts from the first 4 games. Ahead of me is Portugal, also on 10 pts but have a better goal difference, and also Uruguay, who are on 12 points.

Archived