Loading SUDDENLY failing for no reason

Now, I have had this game a couple of weeks, really enjoying myself. I've lead Sheffield United to three league titles, An FA Cup, Thw League Cup and the Champions League. I have some of the best talent in the world playing for the mighty blades....life couldn't be better.

That is until this morning when out of nowhere FOR NO REASON, the saved games refuses to fully load. It sees the save file on the memory stick, but when I press 'back'...it won't go into the game and just says 'load game fail'

I want to know WHY this is. I don't want to lose my efforts in this game. Don't tell me there's nothing I can do about it. Or i'll think I'll bin the game along with the PSP, for this to happen in 2008 and after all the money I've blown on this thing, well, I'm well and truly ****ed off.

Any help or assistance will be gleefully recieved.

Thanks!!

Now, I have had this game a couple of weeks, really enjoying myself. I've lead Sheffield United to three league titles, An FA Cup, Thw League Cup and the Champions League. I have some of the best talent in the world playing for the mighty blades....life couldn't be better.

That is until this morning when out of nowhere FOR NO REASON, the saved games refuses to fully load. It sees the save file on the memory stick, but when I press 'back'...it won't go into the game and just says 'load game fail'

I want to know WHY this is. I don't want to lose my efforts in this game. Don't tell me there's nothing I can do about it. Or i'll think I'll bin the game along with the PSP, for this to happen in 2008 and after all the money I've blown on this thing, well, I'm well and truly ****ed off.

Any help or assistance will be gleefully recieved.

Thanks!!

• SI Staff

If you forward the save game onto us then we can try and look into whats happened - but I'll be honest and say that in the 3 other cases I've looked into in the past I havent managed to repair a save game yet.

(the cause is as yet undetermined - its only happened to a small minority of people that I know of and could be hardware or software related)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Slagboy:

Yeah you can have it, for NOTHING!!. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Done. =D

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marc Vaughan:

If you forward the save game onto us then we can try and look into whats happened - but I'll be honest and say that in the 3 other cases I've looked into in the past I havent managed to repair a save game yet.

(the cause is as yet undetermined - its only happened to a small minority of people that I know of and could be hardware or software related) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It has happened to me a few times but I always thought it was because I turned it off too early (whilst saving it). And to be honest I'm not really fussed about going back a month. But if it is longer then I understand why it is frustrating

Can I ask exactly what memory card your using, reason I ask is that I use a top of the range 8gb sony pro duo memory card and have never had any problems like this at all.

If it turns out anyone having problems are using cheaper cards it may help SI with the problem for next time maybe?

The memory card is a 'lexar' 1 gigger. I don't think there's anything wrong with it, because my missus's saved game loaded up fine. It's just this one file that refuses to play ball.

How can I send you the file please? By PM? By Email...I don't want to give this up before I do what I can??

Cheers...

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LSD:

It has happened to me a few times but I always thought it was because I turned it off too early (whilst saving it). And to be honest I'm not really fussed about going back a month. But if it is longer then I understand why it is frustrating </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That can happen - both on the PSP and PC ... in fact I lost 2 seasons of my current long term game on PC that way which sucked right royally ...

I'm loathe to lump all problems into this camp though as there may well be other causes out there and its only diligent to keep checking.

Archived