Steaming

Hi,

I bought fm12 on release day on disc. after many,many unsuccesful hours trying install on my mac, the "steam issues" which prevented a simple install, magically disappeared and I was able to play happily.

For a few days.

then a message appeared telling me the game was no longer ready to be played offline (I'd had enough of steam by this stage, and after activation, decided I wanted no further part of steam) - I tried several ways to circumvent this but to no avail. Consequently, I deleted steam, fm12 and anything else I could find, and threw fm12 in a corner in disgust.

Weather is crap outside so dusted it down tonight and thought, as I've had every incarnation of cm/fm, I'd try and install on laptop, rather than mac (I don't care what anybody says, this does NOT work simply on MY mac)

However, when it comes to activating the game again on the same steam account I had previously used on my mac, I'm told that it has been activated on another account, and I'm unable to activate it!!

This whole format change is an absolute disgrace and I feel completely ripped off by Sega and SI games - I'm guessing prior activation means I can't even sell the useless piece of s~*t!!

I sincerely hope that serious thought is given to removing this ridiculous concept on future editions as I, for one, wouldn't buy another edition if it requires steam

Well you're doing something wrong because if you're trying to access FM12 via the same Steam account you authenticated it on but on a lap top you won't need to authenticate again. It'll be in your Steam library and you'll just need to download it again or reinstall from the disc.

You will receive an authentication code to the email address you're registered to Steam on as you're logging in on a different PC.

Archived