Cups vs League

So im in January 2018 with my Huddersfield side, sitting mid-table in League 1 despite having the biggest wage spend in the league. So frustrating as i go from 4-0 away win to 3-0 home defeat. Lost in the play-offs in my first season with Huddersfield, after drawing 0-0 away to Southend we flew into a 3-0 lead in the second leg before Southend hit back with 4 second half goals.

Season two left me knocked out of all cups very early and lost away to champions Colchester on final day that cost us a play-off place.

So now im in my third year with the Terriers and i need promotion. As per normal a poor start is followed by a great run over Oct/Nov/Dec. But my main suprise is in the cups. Into the North final of Johnstones Paint vs Sheff Utd.

The same Sheff Utd team i hammered 5-0 away in the League Cup 1st rd. Round two brought an away win vs Premier League Bristol City, 4-3 on pens. Round three was a win at home to fellow league 1 rivals Doncaster before a trip in round 4 to championship side west ham, resulting in a 2-0 win. The quarter final brought another trip to the premier league. This time Sunderland, another fine display and a 1-0 win putting me into the semi-final vs Aston Villa.

The final cup of the sason is the FA Cup. Round one was an easy win vs League 2 strugglers Fleetwood and round 2 needed a replay to beat lge 2 high fliers Lincoln.

Round three got me the tie i have wanted every year, Manchester United away. Now knowing that clubs like to rest players i always felt i had a chance. My chances improved when i saw the team sheet. No first team regulars. Just a near retiring Darren Fletcher. And strangly enough they named ZERO subs, none at all. So as i hoped. Coming back from 1-0 down in front of 66,000 fans my mid table league one side humble the might of Man Utd reserves.

Archived