institutionalisation

Its fairly apperent that in real life clubs develop certain styles and attitudes. Barca playing 4-3-3 regardless of whether it suits their players, or their youth academy which seems to basically be a boarding school. Milan would be another good example of players almost being indoctrinated into the club.

I was wondering if there was any way to implement similar features. obviously you dont want control to be taken away from the player but i was wondering if you could maybe change a clubs philosphies, it will be interesting to see, for example, whether when wenger retires or leaves arsenal if the club carries on focusing on youth and playing in a similar style. Upsides and downsides could be how media and fans react to players and signings as a result of their philosophies, such as the booing fans destoying young players confidence because they underperformed creating a vicious cycle or demanding big name signings.

firstly players need to be made as idiosyncratic as possible, then managers and after that, clubs?

Its fairly apperent that in real life clubs develop certain styles and attitudes. Barca playing 4-3-3 regardless of whether it suits their players, or their youth academy which seems to basically be a boarding school. Milan would be another good example of players almost being indoctrinated into the club.

I was wondering if there was any way to implement similar features. obviously you dont want control to be taken away from the player but i was wondering if you could maybe change a clubs philosphies, it will be interesting to see, for example, whether when wenger retires or leaves arsenal if the club carries on focusing on youth and playing in a similar style. Upsides and downsides could be how media and fans react to players and signings as a result of their philosophies, such as the booing fans destoying young players confidence because they underperformed creating a vicious cycle or demanding big name signings.

firstly players need to be made as idiosyncratic as possible, then managers and after that, clubs?

This is a good idea, and uses big words icon14.gif. I think a sort of manager style is included in the form of attributes, but it doesn't have enough of an effect on the club at the moment IMO. This would be a feature I'd love to see, and am already looking forward to creating my club philosophy icon_smile.gif.

Archived