How does online work this time around?

I have always felt that the online part of FM needs work. It is always very slow for the clients because almost every single screen entering needs to be adressed to the host. It slows the game and I never really like the pace of the internet games. It should be possible to design the game so that most selections and screens were played on your own computer and only from time to time or regarding the most important elements would cause the synchronization.

Are Sigames thinking new ideas on the online part? As it is now I wouldnt like to play a internetgame with several participants because of the design-structure and the slow processing I have mentioned. Sadly because it would be a lot of fun if it could be very close to the speed of an offline game. I know it is not easy, but there must be some workarounds where more data were processed locally to improve the performence of an online game.

A friend of mine told me that using Hamachi(a Lan-simulation tool) would actually improve the speed of an online game, but I havent tried it yet.

I hope Sigames are looking to develop the online part a bit more.

Archived