Finances.

Hello.

I have been playing Champ Manager for a long time now, and of course moved over to Football manager when it swapped over.

Anyhow I work in the NE of England, and Decided to play the Doomed Sunderland for a Challenge. Anyhow I played almost a full season, had 3 games left was hovering just on the brink of relegation, when all my bosses (Sunderland Fans) started getting excited about FM on my PSP... and took control of my last 3 games whist I went back to work :-) They where screaming COME ON SUNDERLAND most funny.

Anyhow they managed with a loss a draw and win to stay up on goal difference only! most most lucky.

Anyhow to the crux on my question. Every version of the game before gave you new money from the League... I seem to remember 10-15 Million for the premiership less for other leagues.. Plus season ticket sales so you could try and buy some new players.

As Sunderland I have been given Nothing... Zip.. IM supposed to cope with a new season and buy better players to compete... with well... erm nothing. Why is this ?

In FM Handheld... I can access NO finance details anywhere.. and I have been given no money... how do you survive with no money ?

Please help me out!

John.

Hello.

I have been playing Champ Manager for a long time now, and of course moved over to Football manager when it swapped over.

Anyhow I work in the NE of England, and Decided to play the Doomed Sunderland for a Challenge. Anyhow I played almost a full season, had 3 games left was hovering just on the brink of relegation, when all my bosses (Sunderland Fans) started getting excited about FM on my PSP... and took control of my last 3 games whist I went back to work :-) They where screaming COME ON SUNDERLAND most funny.

Anyhow they managed with a loss a draw and win to stay up on goal difference only! most most lucky.

Anyhow to the crux on my question. Every version of the game before gave you new money from the League... I seem to remember 10-15 Million for the premiership less for other leagues.. Plus season ticket sales so you could try and buy some new players.

As Sunderland I have been given Nothing... Zip.. IM supposed to cope with a new season and buy better players to compete... with well... erm nothing. Why is this ?

In FM Handheld... I can access NO finance details anywhere.. and I have been given no money... how do you survive with no money ?

Please help me out!

John.

• SI Staff

In FMH you aren't given access to the nitty gritty of club finance, instead (like most real-life managers) you are told what wage and transfer budgets are available to you to spend.

THis happens after the 'season update' during the summmer.

(so don't expect to see all of the TV money suddenly appear in your kitty basically ... especially if your board is expecting relegation)

• SI Staff

In FMH you aren't given access to the nitty gritty of club finance, instead (like most real-life managers) you are told what wage and transfer budgets are available to you to spend.

THis happens after the 'season update' during the summmer.

(so don't expect to see all of the TV money suddenly appear in your kitty basically ... especially if your board is expecting relegation)

Ok Thanks for the Reply Marc, I will cary on my game and hope I am offered more money soon.

I dont know how much involvement you had in getting FM onto the PSP but can I take this opportunity to state what an amazing job!

To fit such a great game into a handheld console is a Major achievement. Its as playable as the PC/Mac version... if a little more simplified and is still a great game , and fully captures the spirit and fun of CM/FM.

Well done.

John May.

Ok Finished 6th With Sunderland.... I tailed away towards the end of the season, and I got 9.5 Million Transfer Budget, so I will believe you, i am happy now.

I spent ALL the money on an AMAZING brazilian 18 year old wonder kid (seeming lack of Work permits ? ).

Anyhow Despite finishing 6th I have no European, football Can this be correct ?

The Game is amazing.

John.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by John May:

I dont know how much involvement you had in getting FM onto the PSP but can I take this opportunity to state what an amazing job! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I consider the PSP game very much 'my baby' and have meddled in nearly all areas of the gameplay side of things in it ... so thanks very much icon_biggrin.gif

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by John May:

I spent ALL the money on an AMAZING brazilian 18 year old wonder kid (seeming lack of Work permits ? ). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Work Permits are present and correct - so I can only presume he's seen as exceptional enough to be granted one .... which means he could be a real monster for you ...... time will tell.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Anyhow Despite finishing 6th I have no European, football Can this be correct ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not sure which season you're in - but its theoretically possible for 6th place not to get into Europe, it depends on how English teams have performed in prior seasons (as qualifiers is determined by this irl and in the game - generally English teams do well enough to keep a fair few teams going into the European Cups ... but its possible for this to change).

Archived